Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedor Emelianenko ~ Ready To Fight With Anyone

Default Fedor Emelianenko ~ Ready To Fight With Anyone

http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/red...t_with_anyone/

Fedor Emelianenko ~ Ready To Fight With Anyone

On Saturday June 26 in San Jose, Calif. one of the most popular and highly regarded fighters in the world will once again compete. Over his long career, he has faced multiple challenges and this fight promises to be no exception. He has faced NCAA champion wrestlers, world grappling champions, world champion kick boxers, giants, and former UFC champions. Through it all he has emerged victorious and remains the most feared force in mixed martial arts. He is “The Last Emperor.” He is Fedor Emelianenko. MMA Spot’s J. Andrew Yount tracked down the world’s top ranked heavyweight to discuss his up coming fight and his overall impact on the sport and his native Russia.

For years Fedor’s name and reputation have ruled the world of mixed martial arts. He has become the benchmark to which all other champions are compared. Even after the demise of Pride, and UFC added many of the best heavyweights in the world to its already competitive roster, Fedor’s name was still the one name by which all heavyweights were compared to—even compelling two former UFC champions to leave the organization for opportunities to face the legendary fighter. Even today, when a heavyweight in Strikeforce wins, they call for a fight with Emelianenko ahead of seeking a chance to fight for the title.

This weekend’s opponent, Fabricio Werdum, wants nothing more than to succeed where others have failed. However, he must contend with a champion that has very few holes in his game and has had months to prepare for this bout. With an almost guaranteed shot at the Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem on the horizon, Emelianenko still refuses to discuss it in any form. Although pressed in several ways to discuss Overeem or any other potential opponents Emelianenko replied only, “Right now I am focused on Fabricio only. He is my current opponent and he is a very good fighter. I am not looking past him.”

READ MORE
    Managing Editor
    MMA Spot.net

yeah , ready to fight anybody in a division with about 6 people in it , it wouldnt suprize me if they line him up againts the "former UFC champion" mark coleman next ,

Quote Originally Posted by i am evil homer View Post
    yeah , ready to fight anybody in a division with about 6 people in it , it wouldnt suprize me if they line him up againts the "former UFC champion" mark coleman next ,
    QFT. Hes a can, beating guys the UFC didnt want. Overeem may be a challenge for him but IMO SF are scared to make that fight without cashing in on both guys first. Their trying to milk Overeems run while building up Fedor, cos when Fedor beats Overeem, their HW division will consist of more rematches than the NHL playoffs.

The best HWs in the world are in UFC, guys like JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Velasquez. Guys like Cro Cop, Nog, Mir arent the best current HWs now, theres a whole new breed of HW that WILL beat Fedor given the chance.

[QUOTE
    The best HWs in the world are in UFC, guys like JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Velasquez. Guys like Cro Cop, Nog, Mir arent the best current HWs now, theres a whole new breed of HW that WILL beat Fedor given the chance.[/QUOTE]

aggreed totaly

give him brock lesnar then see if he is the best in the world

Fedor is awsome would beat lesnor in my opinion needs to happen tho soon plz.............

Some people must be on crack here. Who has Brock Lesnar fought? The guy is fucking 4-1, he hasn't beaten anybody yet. Victories against who; Kim? Mir? Couture? Herring?. C'mon guys Fedor finished Heath Herring faster than even Lesnar could. As for Couture he shouldn't even think of getting into the ring with Fedor.

Brock Lesnar's never been tested - never been in any real danger in any fight. Most fighters look good when they're starting out until they're put on the spot and break down under heavy pressure. Fedor has already proven himself to be mentally resilient and to have the ability to overcome severe opposition. He's also smarter than most fighters, he can change up his gameplan at any time during the fight (ask Noguiera). Fedor fights like Brazil plays football.
    Last edited by v1o; 23-06-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by v1o View Post
    Some people must be on crack here. Who has Brock Lesnar fought? The guy is fucking 4-1, he hasn't beaten anybody yet. Victories against who; Kim? Mir? Couture? Herring?. C'mon guys Fedor finished Heath Herring faster than even Lesnar could. As for Couture he shouldn't even think of getting into the ring with Fedor.

Brock Lesnar's never been tested - never been in any real danger in any fight. Most fighters look good when they're starting out until they're put on the spot and break down under heavy pressure. Fedor has already proven himself to be mentally resilient and to have the ability to overcome severe opposition. He's also smarter than most fighters, he can change up his gameplan at any time during the fight (ask Noguiera).
    I agree ...................

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Who cares? I am bored of the whole Fedor debate, fact is one of Lesnar, Carwin, JDS or Cain could beat him, that is true, I believe persoanlly that it is a fact.

It will not however happen due to unrealistic management demands, so I say lets move on.

Oh and the greatest champions in MMA history are BJ Penn and Anderson Silva
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by v1o View Post

Brock Lesnar's never been tested - never been in any real danger in any fight. Most fighters look good when they're starting out until they're put on the spot and break down under heavy pressure. Fedor has already proven himself to be mentally resilient and to have the ability to overcome severe opposition. He's also smarter than most fighters, he can change up his gameplan at any time during the fight (ask Noguiera). Fedor fights like Brazil plays football.
    thing is brock is there willing to face anyone ,in the company that has alomst all the top ranked HW , fedor isnt and seems to be ativley avoiding it