Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MMA league question

lol did you play at Seni mate? and KO that guy with a quick jab to the head? (Saturday@seni)
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    lol did you play at Seni mate? and KO that guy with a quick jab to the head? (Saturday@seni)
    that may have been my team mate? took a couple of leg kicks then responded with a left hook to the chin lol

Aye, I think thats the one I saw, Just planted the fecker and he dropped like a sack o shite! oooops!

ahhh, Just checked your Fight record, Drawn to a couple of our fellas from my Gym, Michael Zaskorski & Christopher Fensom

Nah I got warned twice and literally right on the bell at the end of the round clipped him again and got disqualified.....I wasn't even doing it on purpose just the hieght difference and getting caught in the moment went against me haha.

its hard mate, not to tap the head sometimes, when going in for a clinch or something, it only takes them to flinch slightly to make it look like a headshot i suppose.

too true, but I had an awesome time regardless and would recommend it to anyone thinking about fighting in the league.

I should be entering the one in Birmingham and I've only been training MMA just over a year (on and off).

Loads of guys from my club compete in it and they all seem to think its a really well run amateur event.

Hopefully see some of you there!
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

This is gna sound dodgey as hell, but can someone give me the heads up on the basics of this MMA League? Never heard of it before!

No headshot tournament, well like a football league table.

1 x 5 min round. Submit the other guy, and win, no submission, tko etc then no win.

see here: http://www.mmaleague.tv/

hope it helps.

Paul - what happens if no one taps after 5 minutes?

EDIT: Just seen it's one point for a draw.

So I figure the grappling guys have a big advantage in this comp?
    Last edited by LukeH; 29-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.