Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally

once you get going if you want low priced, decent gear, try GnPclothing.com

its proper good gear, as good (if not better) than most of the expensive brands
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

iv never used a gumshield.... thats why my front tooth is fooked

Same as the other lads have said. Gumshield and groin guard first. Then buy the gloves and the rest of it afterwards when you've been a bit more.

But be prepared, holy water and prayers, not even the hand of god can remove the smell from the communal gloves and leg pads. Especially if you train a couple of nights a week.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    Nah , you will be fine. Save your money , just get yourself a TapouT T'shirt and rock on over.
    Great advice, with a tapout t-shirt you don't even have to train, people will just think you do MMA.

Think how much money you will save by not paying gym fee's etc

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simonmobiledisco View Post
    Great advice, with a tapout t-shirt you don't even have to train, people will just think you do MMA.

Think how much money you will save by not paying gym fee's etc
    Especially if you go to Asda in it and strut up and down the meat aisle
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Thanks to (most) of you for the advice. I'll get a gum shield and cup. Don't even own a pair of shorts, will prob turn up in track bottoms and t shirt.
    Last edited by sjharvey; 10-07-2013 at 06:56 PM.

tip of the day:

get a pair of shorts before you go mate, you'll ruin tracky bottoms with the mats, and you'll be boiling

www.gnpclothing.com decent mma shorts for 20 quid
    Last edited by Romeoblood; 02-07-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Can't afford twenty quid ha ha prob get a pair of cheap ones from sports direct or something, don't have to be mma shorts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sjharvey View Post
    Thanks to (most) of you for the advice. I'll get a gum shield and cup. Don't even own a pair of shorts, will prob turn up in track bottoms and t shirt (god I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb).

And I always carry a little botte of anti bacterial stuff in my ruck sack for after the gym (or for any public toilets that don't have any fucking soap).
    I design MMA clothing and have tons of shorts etc ..... yet I still wear Quiksilver over all of them lol

Personal choice but I hate the buckles on MMA shorts, trend catching on too you see loads of ppl on mats with flower shorts on from like Primark etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    I design MMA clothing and have tons of shorts etc ..... yet I still wear Quiksilver over all of them lol

Personal choice but I hate the buckles on MMA shorts, trend catching on too you see loads of ppl on mats with flower shorts on from like Primark etc
    Cool I'll just get a cheap pair of shorts from asda or primark or something. I think the session I'm attending isn't thai boxing but submission wrestling. Have to go to a thai class to at some point.
    Last edited by sjharvey; 10-07-2013 at 06:58 PM.