Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally

Quote Originally Posted by sjharvey View Post
    Thanks to (most) of you for the advice. I'll get a gum shield and cup. Don't even own a pair of shorts, will prob turn up in track bottoms and t shirt (god I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb).

And I always carry a little botte of anti bacterial stuff in my ruck sack for after the gym (or for any public toilets that don't have any fucking soap).
    Good luck, I hope know one beats the shit out of you

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    What?..............

Cool I'll just get a cheap pair of combat shorts from asda or primark or something lol. I think the session I'm attending isn't thai boxing but submission wrestling. Have to go to a thai class to at some point. I couldn't throw a roundhouse head kick to save my life right now.
    Just make sure they have no zips on etc

One of my friends even fought in DC shorts once haha, won by armbar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    Just make sure they have no zips on etc

One of my friends even fought in DC shorts once haha, won by armbar
    I bet he felt SUPER after that win. (lame joke, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    bateman, your evil bruv :P
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

I bet he felt SUPER after that win. (lame joke, I know)
    Only made worse by me meaning DC Shoes not comics ha ha

the thread reminds me of those sidecontrol.co.uk articles

T.H.U.G ( The honest User guide)
    Parts 1 to 4

http://www.sidecontrol.co.uk/compone...-thug-part-one

Packing your Man United football shorts and Ocean Pacific t-shirt into your rucksack; you head off with a twinge of excitement in your belly. Soon you’ll be a real cage fighter…

Arriving at your local sports hall; you find a curtained off area at the back. You are three minutes late and casually walk over to where the heavy grunting noises are emanating from. Peering behind the curtain, you see guys standing up with chests against each other, jockeying to get arms under their partners. It’s called “pummeling” apparently. Everybody wears tight vale tudo shorts or some kind of shorts with splits on the side and various fight logo’s. You are the only one in Man United shorts. You’re an idiot and you stand out like a pedophile in a playground.
    A slim Brazilian kid around 19 years old introduces himself as Thiago. “Fancy a roll?” he asks. You are puzzled and try to explain that you have just eaten some crisps. He chuckles at your pea-brained understanding and explains that “a roll” is a term for grappling. “Oh sure” you say, pretending you knew and were just kidding.
    Thiago immediately pulls guard and you have no clue what the hell he is doing. His right hand cusping your neck and left arm entwined with yours, there is a shuffle of his hips and then a surge of pain in your shoulder. You submit by shouting “Aaahhhh, aah, nng, ooo”. Thiago advises that next time you should tap him with your spare hand.
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Thanks to (most) of you for the advice. I'll get a gum shield and cup. Don't even own a pair of shorts, will prob turn up in track bottoms and t shirt (god I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb).

And I always carry a little botte of anti bacterial stuff in my ruck sack for after the gym (or for any public toilets that don't have any fucking soap).
    Wait, is this gay. Can i beep this? Someone help me out here...

Fuck it Im going for it, BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Carrying anti bacterial handwash is definately gay in my book. If you disagree, you are also gay.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Anyway good luck Harvey, where are you training?

Welcome to the most humbling experience of your life, but hopefully one of the most inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ross90 View Post
    Wait, is this gay. Can i beep this? Someone help me out here...

Fuck it Im going for it, BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Carrying anti bacterial handwash is definately gay in my book. If you disagree, you are also gay.
    Gay? If being clean is gay then I'd rather be gay then a dirty git thanks.