Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Board of Control

Hybrid View

Default Boxing Board of Control

Isnt it as simple as copying what the BBOC have in place but just tweek it for MMA ?

The 2009 rule book is very detailed and very good, this should be a guide for MMA in this country ? I think its that easy. Set up a board, set the rules, every fight outside of the board of control is unlicensed.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

http://www.isaninja.co.uk

I think the only issue you would get is who would be happy with who sitting on the board, and being the people who issue the licenses and rule changes

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    Isnt it as simple as copying what the BBOC have in place but just tweek it for MMA ?

The 2009 rule book is very detailed and very good, this should be a guide for MMA in this country ? I think its that easy. Set up a board, set the rules, every fight outside of the board of control is unlicensed.
    What makes one organisation THE official organisation and not another? Is it some kind of council ruling or what?
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Wiegieboard View Post
    What makes one organisation THE official organisation and not another? Is it some kind of council ruling or what?
    Recognition by Sport England, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurning View Post
    Recognition by Sport England, pretty much.
    Cheers for the link dude.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

I can guarantee it'll be someone on ere that does it. It'll defo need the backing if the managers and promoters on here to work.

mma is not on the map or big in this country just yet to have its on council its run by ex gangsters and wanksters

Quote Originally Posted by truthbetold View Post
    mma is not on the map or big in this country just yet to have its on council its run by ex gangsters and wanksters
    Sorry, UFC 105 I think was the biggest gate for the international department of the UFC at the time. There is an ESPN deal, and if you look hard enough you can find Strikeforce and M1 Challenge on extreme.

MMA is big in this country

Marc Ratner invited the BBOC to UFC 85 to discuss bringing the sport under there control, they turned him down.