Thread: Experienced Car buyers?

Hybrid View

Default Experienced Car buyers?

I've rented a car for a longggg time now and I'm looking at getting my own. I've been told I can get one on finance with a years free insurance? Is this possible at all dealers? Anyone have any experience with this and can offer any tips/advice?

Thanks

is it through young marmalade that you get the years free insurance?

I believe Lookers package it with the finance to encourage people to buy from them, I have no idea what a young marmalade is lol!

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Free insurance normally depends on many factors, age time driving etc, so be careful bud
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I'm 25, clean license for 8 years and I'm a fully qualified Driving Instructor! I'm hoping all of which should go in my favour!

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SDR View Post
    I'm 25, clean license for 8 years and I'm a fully qualified Driving Instructor! I'm hoping all of which should go in my favour!
    F'n hell, would think so lol
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

and you've never bought a car? wow!

anyway, serious answer...i used to sell cars for a bit. certain dealers may have insurance promotions to shift units at key times or on certain vehicles to make targets, it's not a super widespread thing, and i imagine it wouldn't cover you for teaching in the car either.

i was business manager and it's easy to get screwed on finance. don't let yourself be drawn into numbers until you've chsen what car you want, then you can talk money, look at the TOTAL you will be repaying whether it is hire purchase, PCP etc etc...beware of hidden caveats. know your enemy!
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Pm a guy on here called Jimmy Boogaloo, he steals cars to order and will be able to sort you out and save you shit loads of cash
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

If you intend on using the car for business then you have two hopes of getting free insurance, and Bob Hopes dead!

Its usually on small cheap hatchbacks (Citroen usually) but it is not on all the time.

If your going to use it for work, then use it as a business car and claim all the costs through that jobs a good un, if your using it for personal well whats your budget and what you looking for?