Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested and Imprisioned in Mallorca. Friend in Trouble.

Hybrid View

Default Arrested and Imprisioned in Mallorca. Friend in Trouble.

Fine friends of the forum.

My mate is currently in a Mallorcan prison cell and I want to find out the possible out comes.

He and a couple of the lads were away for a few days in Mallorca. Last night in the hotel bar some bloke slaps a girl at about midnight. My pal steps in and basically throws a nice juicy elbow and busts up this kids eye. Turns out this kid is actually a kid and is 16 years old on holiday with his family. So the OB turn up and see a kids with his mum bleeding and 4 drunk lads in their 20's and my pal gets nicked.

He is on court in the morning at 10am and the fucking cunts he was with got the flight home today and left him on his jacks with no money or anything. Just his passport being held by the cops.

So has anyone else been in or had a pal in a similar situation and what can he expect?

Obviously best case scenario is he gets a slap on the wrist and kicked out the country. I'm thinking a big fine and sent home after it's paid (500-1000).

Worst case is they bail him to another court date and keep his passport or just bang him up for 6 months.

Opinions or experience of similar will be gratefully received. (I don't want to hear "he shouldn't of hit him)

Cheers.

thats why knowbody likes the english they act like chavs on holiday worst that will happen is a slap on the wrist and a fine

They're strict out there, I'm not sure how that would pan out. How bad was the kids eye?

Similar thing happened to us in Spain, I kicked this lad down the stairs, he broke his arm. I got kept in the country for 2 months and was fined, heavily.

Hope your mate gets off, to be honest.

Had a mate kept in Malia for 3 month. On no evidence, faked witness reports etc. They let him go after he paid about 6000 euro.

depends, was the kid spanish or foreign?

If it was spanish, i'd worry. If it was another tourist he may be lucky. Chances are the kid was drinking as a minor and because of all the hassle of prosecuting overseas

Isn't the drinking age 16 in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    Isn't the drinking age 16 in Spain?
    No. It's 18 but they are far more relaxed about it. When I worked out there we were very strict on over 18s as the police and council loved to fine English owned bars. I'm getting a friend who speaks fluent Spanish to call the OB in Mallorca this morning to see what the crack is.

The lad he hit was English and I assume was also drinking so I hope this can be taken into account but as I wasn't there I don't know the full story.

I'm most pissed off with the others just fucking off and leaving him. My mate is big enough and old enough to have to take responsibility for his actions but to just leave him there with nothing is a cunts trick. They flew home with his bag/bank cards etc. All his has is the clothes on his back.

Just crossing my fingers they fine him and fuck him off.

sledge,

have you contacted the embassy in mallorca ? and has he photo-copied his passport and left a copy with friends/families ???

here's the link mallorca embassy :-

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/british-embassy-majorca

they can give you a better idea of what could happen to your friend.

or give the british embassy a call in london to see what the outcome could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    sledge,

have you contacted the embassy in mallorca ? and has he photo-copied his passport and left a copy with friends/families ???

here's the link mallorca embassy :-

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/british-embassy-majorca

they can give you a better idea of what could happen to your friend.

or give the british embassy a call in london to see what the outcome could be...
    Cheers for that info mate but he's going into court right now so there is very little I can do really. His missus and mum are sat by the phone and his mums bf speaks spanish so we are just waiting to find out what he gets.

I just want to know if I'm going to be visiting in a Spanish nick for the next 6 months.

Don't know. I assume english as it was in the hotel bar in magaluf and they don't speak a word of spanish.