Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested and Imprisioned in Mallorca. Friend in Trouble.

sledge,

have you contacted the embassy in mallorca ? and has he photo-copied his passport and left a copy with friends/families ???

here's the link mallorca embassy :-

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/british-embassy-majorca

they can give you a better idea of what could happen to your friend.

or give the british embassy a call in london to see what the outcome could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    sledge,

have you contacted the embassy in mallorca ? and has he photo-copied his passport and left a copy with friends/families ???

here's the link mallorca embassy :-

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/british-embassy-majorca

they can give you a better idea of what could happen to your friend.

or give the british embassy a call in london to see what the outcome could be...
    Cheers for that info mate but he's going into court right now so there is very little I can do really. His missus and mum are sat by the phone and his mums bf speaks spanish so we are just waiting to find out what he gets.

I just want to know if I'm going to be visiting in a Spanish nick for the next 6 months.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

WAs the bird Spainish or English?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Don't know. I assume english as it was in the hotel bar in magaluf and they don't speak a word of spanish.

boxingbrit

They should let him out and give him his passport back, the embassy will automatically have been informed and will provide him with English speaking lawyers. His best plan is to get on a plane back and never return!!

A friend of mine was locked up for robbery with violence after an argument over a car he was buying escalated. He was treated badly for his time there and after let out he flew back here. Its ten years ago and he flew into Alicante about a month ago and was arrested straight away. He got bailed again and so flew back.

in my experience of being in court aswell as witnessing these scenario's, they tend to look at persons behaviour towards the questions asked, and how sympathetic they are & how regretful he finds his actions wrong.

some things which are culturally wrong here in UK maybe ok in Spainfor example.

When i go out there every now & then, Spanish authorities do pick on the British very quickly if they cause any nuisance compare to a Bulgarian, French etc.

the ideal situation would of been for your friend to have contacted the British embassy straight away, if he hit a local spanish lad which i assume he didn't he would definitely get a small prison sentance between 1-6months however if he continues to liaise with british embassy on a regular basis he could have have it reduced while serving time depending how helpful the embassy officer is. But the Spanish law is really harsh compared to UK law.

If he hit a an english lad who was holidaying just like your friend, it depends how far he wants to take it.

normally its settled by fine, with a 1-2 year ban.but if this guy has any marks on him or has retarded thick parents who want to push it all the way, than it doesn't look good on your friends part.

It will come down to witnesses i'm guessing 16 year old lad's bird will defend him regardless, his friends who ditched him even if they were drunk would of helped his cause as they were the witnessess to the event.

there's also chance he can be made an example of but i can't honestly personally see him in a spanish prison no longer than 6 months.

Thanks lads.

I know the Spanish OB hate us Brits so I hope he has the sense to make grovelling apologies and fingers crossed he will walk with a slapped wrist or a fine.

Also just found out that the OB didn't nick him till 4am. So they came to the hotel at 00.30 and told him to wait in his room. The other lads just went to bed (cunts). Then they came back and nicked him. I'd have been on my toes to the ferry port and been on the next boat to the main land and straight into France or down to Gibraltar.

boxingbrit

In my experience it depends which Spanish Police you are dealing with

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    In my experience it depends which Spanish Police you are dealing with
    True. I'm hoping it's the Locals not the Nationals or the Guardia.

I used to be an 18-30s rep mainly in greece tho. This happened daily and nightly ( hmmmn sounds like a lyric from Vanilla Ice)

and more often than not, two or three nights a week, Normally the 'suspect' gets a fine and sent home, Ive seen this thing happen on more than one ocassion, and with the help of Sambuca and a fit bird in a mini skirt I too have been on the 'suspect' end and had the same, but it did not go to court...I "paid" at the station *ahem*

I think he will be home before you know it, just he/family might some euros lighter mate.

Chin up, chest out
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.