Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Energy Drink Thread

i don't really drink energy drinks but in the zoo mags over here they do a section each week called 'pub ammo' basically just loads of facts and useless knowledge. in one magazine it mentioned rockstar energy drinks several times, apparently they contain loads of chemicals that aided in everything from speeding up the metabolism to helping lower risk of diseases (cant remember which one it said). would never pick an energy drink for having so many benefits.
    obviously overall they're not good for you but some of the chemicals or whatever in these drinks did sound beneficial

i'll try and dig up exactly what benefits these rockstar have in them, unless someone else knows off top of their head.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

M150 is NOT laced with amphetimines... you can get it from the chinese supermarket near me

it is hard to bring it back from thailand, as there are rumours that the thai's are lacing energy drinks, so customs brick it when you bring it back, really its just mental strong

also try carabao and lipovitan-D

you can find them online @
    http://www.thai-food-online.co.uk/sh...=Energy+Drinks
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

when we tried to bring back mini cans of redbull from thailand we were told we were going to get grief off of aussie customs because its laced with stuff that's illegal back here, but we got through fine.
    seems it's just a thailand thing, things may be stronger there or rumours may just pepetuate about it being laced with certain things making it impossible to bring back. a cockney who owned a bar over there i got speaking to told me the local beer (chang) isn't regulated and has some "dodgy" chemicals in it, he also rekoned due to it not regulated even though it said 5% alcohol some bottles could be as high as 10% lol.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i always go for the dodgy cheap ones, same old crap - all just as shit for you as the last.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    the buckets are the stuff of gods.
    God aims to please.
    God is sponsered by SBMMA.co.uk. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    Alcohol is cool and all but if it comes down to it a pure energy drink is xXx for me haha, here are the ones I've tried:

Red Bull
    V
    Zen Republic
    No Fear
    Rockstar
    Monster
    Shark
    Sitting Bull
    Lucazade Alert
    Red Rooster

Anyone know any other that are nice?

Out of those above I'd say Zen/Red Bull/V only ones I'd have again
    Mountain Dew
    Relentless

Actually quite a bit more but can't remember them. I just stick to the caffeine pills for pick ups.

I like relentless and rockstar the best.

But Tesco are doing 24 cans of their home brand stuff (think its called kick) for a fiver!
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

^^bargain that stuff

tesco also do and cheap as chips isontonic drink, like FYI
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Mountain Dew might be an idea hmmm thought it was lucazade like?

Jayevans are you a big Z fan? used to love that show, been watching a few episodes last couple of days been watching some Kai and now a bit of GT ..... missus thinks im turning into a geek borrowed this samurai manga film at work today too ill go see whats its called in a sec.

Save me.

To stay on topic, i love monster and relentless (i mainly buy these because the sponser bike racing teams and i feel like im putting something back into the sport i love..... lol)

Tried rockstar tastes like shit, shop round corner do cans for 49p there alright, cheaper the better, only buy the stuff when its on offer.
    Last edited by featherz; 09-07-2010 at 06:21 PM.