Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 120...English fans getting shafted?

Default UFC 120...English fans getting shafted?

Alot of English fans are slagging this card off for having no big fights and a shit main event......But to me it couldn't be any better.....Bisping Hardy Hathaway plus Sass's debut and Blackledge and Broughton...... Fuck yeah as the yanks say....i dont know what the English fans are complaining about.....I get pissed off when there's no English fighters on the card this is full of em....Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRINGTONCAGERAGER View Post
    Alot of English fans are slagging this card off for having no big fights and a shit main event......But to me it couldn't be any better.....Bisping Hardy Hathaway plus Sass's debut and Blackledge and Broughton...... Fuck yeah as the yanks say....i dont know what the English fans are complaining about.....I get pissed off when there's no English fighters on the card this is full of em....Can't wait.
    Yeah it annoys me when so called fans start to slag off cards, saying there are no big fights on...they are all big fights and this is the UFC, every card should be watched..just because there isn't a title fight doesn't mean it won't be a great night, you should love all MMA and the atmosphere and production value alone is worth the money and trip. Who knows what will happen on the night, might be the greatest fights in MMA history. Support MMA and just watch it!
    Mike Clarke - Co-Owner of The Fight Lounge. The artist formerly known as Timecrocop

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrocop View Post
    Yeah it annoys me when so called fans start to slag off cards, saying there are no big fights on...they are all big fights and this is the UFC, every card should be watched..just because there isn't a title fight doesn't mean it won't be a great night, you should love all MMA and the atmosphere and production value alone is worth the money and trip. Who knows what will happen on the night, might be the greatest fights in MMA history. Support MMA and just watch it!
    I agree Hardy vs Condit and Hathaway v Stun gun are gonna be epic....great match making

I'm going down for it, but I know what some people are on about. I've read someone on here say we are paying UFC prices for what is really a domestic event. Most of these fighters were on 'small' UK shows until recently and much cheaper to watch, but we will have to pay 'superstar' prices for UFC 120.

Looking forward to it anyway, and we're going to the expo if it's on, Joe Rogan Live if he does a show, weigh ins, etc.

It would be great if they gave us a really fucking belter fight as well though, hype wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairWarrior View Post
    I'm going down for it, but I know what some people are on about. I've read someone on here say we are paying UFC prices for what is really a domestic event. Most of these fighters were on 'small' UK shows until recently and much cheaper to watch, but we will have to pay 'superstar' prices for UFC 120.

Looking forward to it anyway, and we're going to the expo if it's on, Joe Rogan Live if he does a show, weigh ins, etc.

It would be great if they gave us a really fucking belter fight as well though, hype wise.
    There's deffo gonna be a fan expo......As for the prices....when your team gets promoted from the championship to the premier league do you still expect to pay championship ticket prices?.... And Akiyama Condit and Stun gun are no mugs....Its a good card with great match making IMO

There's deffo gonna be a fan expo......As for the prices....when your team gets promoted from the championship to the premier league do you still expect to pay championship ticket prices?.... And Akiyama Condit and Stun gun are no mugs....Its a good card with great match making IMO
    good analogy, another one you could use is...when you've been going to MR smiths all those years and then travel to the Plaza...Do you still exect to pay Mr Smith prices?? lol
    Mike Clarke - Co-Owner of The Fight Lounge. The artist formerly known as Timecrocop

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairWarrior View Post
    I'm going down for it, but I know what some people are on about. I've read someone on here say we are paying UFC prices for what is really a domestic event.
    LOL.. (Then shakes his head in disbelief)
    CONTROL YOURSELF!!!!

good analogy, another one you could use is...when you've been going to MR smiths all those years and then travel to the Plaza...Do you still exect to pay Mr Smith prices?? lol
    Spent many a night passed out in the corner at Smith's......051 FTW

Spent many a night passed out in the corner at Smith's......051 FTW
    so have I back in the day...ha ha

so have I back in the day...ha ha
    LOL..... Used to be the highlight of my week.