Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC 120...English fans getting shafted?

Quote Originally Posted by WARRINGTONCAGERAGER View Post
    LOL..... Used to be the highlight of my week.
    ha ha it was my lowlight lol, didnt mind some of the bars but hated smiths..stockton heath aint bad though...anyway back to the topic in hand lol...UFC 120 will be brill, everyone should go!!
    Mike Clarke - Co-Owner of The Fight Lounge. The artist formerly known as Timecrocop

brock lesner will be fighting on this card it makes so much sense

as long as they dont fuck up ticket prices again, i got annally bummed for a 50 ticket last time, fuckers
    (Irish Accent) I like a good posh wank, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiex2008 View Post
    brock lesner will be fighting on this card it makes so much sense
    Source to this please?
    Cant see it myself as he is set to face Cain at UFC 119 in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer View Post
    he is set to face Cain at UFC 119 in Sept
    where is your source for that? because thats a load of shit!!
    Last edited by James-w; 09-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer View Post
    Source to this please?
    Cant see it myself as he is set to face Cain at UFC 119 in Sept
    Dana said no to that, i dont have any facts but im sure it will happen, fan expo lots more uk ufc fans up for grabs, think how many times the wwe come over here especially when brock was thier champ

This is a great card so far, but the reason a high number of UK UFC fans are complaining about the card is because they believe Bisping v Akiyama is not a "main event" bout.
    I, personally, agree with that particular sentiment - it isn't.
    As I say, the rest of the card is solid and will be a barnstormer, as have been other recent UFC events in the UK and Germany - 99 was excellent.

Dana White continually promises "Title" fights for the UK and to date, if my memory serves me right, the UK has had 2 title fights in 3 years (Jackson v Henderson and Penn v Stevenson) - if anymore then I apologise - my memory aint what it used to be, and the consumption of a bottle of red doesn't help

Lesnar v Valesquez would be a great addition to the 120 card and would be a guarenteed sell out. It is unlikely to be here as it will also be a sell out in the US and the PPV and ticket prices for that would be way too much to lose out on.
    However, an interim title fight for 205lb would be viable - Machida v Evans maybe.

Just my two penneth

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiex2008 View Post
    Dana said no to that, i dont have any facts but im sure it will happen, fan expo lots more uk ufc fans up for grabs, think how many times the wwe come over here especially when brock was thier champ
    as per my post above - the revenue that the UFC would lose by having Lesnar v Valesquez outside of the US would be a bad financial error - and that is what comes first with the UFC - allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by James-w View Post
    where is your source for that? because thats a load of shit!!
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...11994&zoneid=2

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent...ure-Plans-2522

Injury permitting.