Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some advise

Hybrid View

Default need some advise

was doing 85mph on a motorway, for bout 2 junctions, then one of my mates told me that a speed van sometimes sits on one of the bridges i went under, question is if caught what would happen to me and if there was a van would it not come after me right away?

also am still with in my first two years.

many thanks

letter in the post 3 points and a fine

fuck cheers dude need to watch what am doing only aloud six in 2 years

my advice would be to stop speeding - seriously, if you value your license just slow down.
    driving is a habitual affair, if you drive slower you'll just get used to it and it won't bother you anymore - you'll also get rid of the stress of looking for police all the time...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Last edited by andrew123; 24-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    my advice would be to stop speeding - seriously, if you value your license just slow down.
    driving is a habitual affair, if you drive slower you'll just get used to it and it won't bother you anymore - you'll also get rid of the stress of looking for police all the time...
    ^^this^^

if people could just leave half an hour earlier and leave their egos at home, the roads would be a better place.

I have an hour commute every morning in a single carriage way A road and I couldn't tell you how often someone ovetakes dangerously and speeds off, only for me to pull up alongside 40 minutes later when it finally goes duel carriageway.

It doesn't get you there much quicker, if at all.

yeah i no, its the first time ave went over the limit, and the last

when the letter comes just ignore it.

if they ring, get someone to tell them you have gone travelling and will be back in 6 months. after 3 months they cannot issue you points or fine.

ive done this with my last two, you are ment to show proof you arent in the country (flights) but they have never asked for them and i have actually been out the country both times anyway

with in the first 2 years you can not get more than 6 points.

speeding fine is 3 and if they had caught you in a van they would go over your car like a fly on shit.

my son is due to start driving and i have warned him to stay within the speed limit and be cleaner than clean or he is fucked and i am not bailing him out.

slow down and it only takes once - i drove my wifes GTI a couple of years a go / never drive the fucking thing at all and she asked me to pick her and a mate up in it and bang 36 in a 30 - speed camera caught me and i have been driving over 20 years.

I lost my lisence when I was 18 due to speeding, and its took me over 5 years to get it back, with insurance at a decent price

I have 2 bits of advice:

drive slower, I know its easy to creep over the limit but try not too, as said you will get used to driving slower, eventually it becomes a habit

if you have a smartphone (iPhone, BB, HTC etc) get the trapster app, its free, and it links to the gps in your phone telling you if your approaching a speed camera and are going over the limit (just in case your doing 36 in a 30, or something along those lines)
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge