Thread: Studying Part Time

Hybrid View

Default Studying Part Time

Currently waiting to get entry into the Marines as having a big struggle with an injury but it means i have alot of free time in the evenings as i can't train etc.

Was thinking about doing some sort of evening course, perhaps something like this? http://www.openstudycollege.com/cour...er-course.html

Anyone done anything like it before? Is it worth it?

im thinking the exact thing mate. always handy to have another qualification under your belt and opens up more doors.
    ive a uni degree in sports management and marketing but have slowly (mainly due to obsession with training) moved to the more physical side of sport employment rather than the business side im qualified for.
    in the long run im considering personal training and eventually my own gym, a qualification like this can never hurt, it's something to the resume whether or not you choose to use it.
    you can never have enough qualifications and accreditations, particularly in this day and age.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Aye that's what i'm thinking. Does anyone know if this website is any good and if it's worth doing? If not do you know any other websites about?

Mate, before you pay 400+ for courses here have a look on the open university website.

They have just recently started offering an undergraduate foundation degree in sport and fitness.

There is also a couple of shorter 10 point courses that you can do if you want to see how you get on with study ect.

The short course is Y164 exploring sport online

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergr...ourse/y164.htm

You can find the other stuff I was talking about from that link.

If you do go down this road and complete the foundation degree you would only need another 120 points at level 3 (2 Level three courses) to obtain a full degree.

Stay well clear of ICSLearn as they are absolute shit. In my opinion most of these companys are all about taking your money and nothing about education.

Well have done the professional chartered accountancy exams (evenings & weekends part time) on top of holding down a 40 hour a week job over the last 3.5 years and just qualified last Friday and am off on 3 month voluntary placement to Kenya in September doing something I always wanted to do. Any type of education that enhances your qualifications is a good thing especially in the current climate.
    My advice would be to go to your local citizens information centre or offices to see if there are any career guidance councillors on hand to give advice. Open University as said is an excellent facility and is held in high regard. Don't jump into a course for the sake of it and hand over cash. Research the institute or college that you're applying for.
    Last edited by Stado; 11-07-2010 at 10:56 PM.