Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More sick 90's drum and bass

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

"jungle came alive and took him" which was Shimon i think
    Yes mate, 'Predator' by Shimon. One of the best basslines in jungle!!! Love that reverse bass sound!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

shameless TTT, but if you clicked this thread, it's a sure sign you need this in your life:

Def Con One - Time Is The Fire
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I use to love my 90's dnb and happy hardcore
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOlY...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfMtTOEFuwE

and edit because that version of ready or not was a gay 00's version
    Last edited by James-w; 23-07-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

haha Skibba barking like a dog! Fucking wild.

I'll never forget a mate coming back from a rave and telling me that Skibba had gone mad - he seriously thought he'd lost it - 'He was barking like a dog, man, the guy's gone crazy'
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

haha my mrs is not impressed with me listening to some old classics.. my 2 year old on the other hand loves it, so I shall continue
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

Fun fact - Skibba came to my uni in 98/99 and a really farking cool friend of mine, hip, down with the kids, thought that 'McSkibbadee' was coming to play a gig. Like McDonalds, or McNulty.

she still gets cussed for that every so often lol

Quote Originally Posted by James-w View Post
    haha my mrs is not impressed with me listening to some old classics.. my 2 year old on the other hand loves it, so I shall continue
    yes mate! got to indoctrinate the youngsters. Blinding form.

only ever was one MC

GQ back in the day - simple but quality

'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeees'

(though LTJ Bukem and MC conrad on the Logical progression stuff was immense)

skibadee was mad, bit of Stevie Hyper and MCMC at elevation etc was good

and a bit of fearless -

before it all went a bit gangsta i.e roast/jungle fever with ragga twins, hyper d, skiba etc

remember at roast when they kept shouting 'house lights house lights' due to the usual gasing/stabbing/punch up

whoa, that sounds a bit off.

what were the ragga twins like live? love their breakbeat stuff with Aquasky

it worked for a bit - couldnt have it all night unlike GQ but different style totally

but when with the right DJ its ok, but guilty of over MCing - though i think it was Roast or a KOOL FM event with Hyper D and Skibadee and the ragga twins together they rocked -

with Nicky B or Randall or an on form Kenny 'i cant actually mix live' Ken was very good - cant recall who was playing - may have been Hype - was a looong time back now