Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideal diet?

8:30 - Porridge - Coffee
    9:30 - Phd Whey Protein
    10.30 - Banana / Coffee
    12 - Noodle and chicken stock soup with soya beans (brown noodles)
    2:30 - 3 another protein drink or tin of tuna and cottage cheese.
    5:30 - omelette / boled eggs / Sushi
    after 6:30 just some fruit

this is pretty much what I do everyday

I also use omega 3's milk thistle, glucosamin, Acai , multi vits and flaxseed

No bread, potatoes, milk , nothing white ...

I also train once / twice a day. sometimes i do 'recovery' from Phd after a session. I tend to rest on sundays.. like God sugested lol

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

I think we are overall nicely moving forward together now, recognising that the ideal diet is the one that gives us the nutrients we need at the times we need them, and in a healthy and natural way as possible. And also that every body is different, so that things like only having one meal a day, or three meals, or eating every two hours depends on the person.

So let’s throw something else into the mix.

One to the things I find with my weight loss clients in hypnotherapy is that they don’t plan to eat. This means they often have to grab what they can, or make what they’ve got in the kitchen. Those who are at the right weight appear to nicely plan their food, prepare it in advance, and that way always have the right food with them at the right time. Do you?

Best regards,

Smiler
    My Blog: http://garysmilerturner.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    yeh more chance of me keeping it as a perminant lifestyle change if it encompasses food i enjoy eating. i tend to eat alot of bread (sandwiches, toast etc) im cutting it right down now but i'll still eat it now and then.
    i don't think i'll manage going totally 100% optimum in my diet

Yeh mate trying to encorporate eating more regular, or "feeding" smaller meals more regularly. today i've had 2 oranges, ham/salad sandwich, tomato and vegetable soup and have salmon and vegetables for dinner.
    going to get another snack in a minute but bit short on ideas for good, filling low fat snacks, any advice?
    don't worry about fat, worry about empty calories.

Chicken and boiled eggs are great snacks, celery and peanut butter, spoonful of cottage cheese. You don't need a lot of the above to feel full.

One of the things I do is buy a rottiserie chicken from the supermarket
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...sserie-i118943

you can grab a drum stick for a snack, breasts for dinner and lunch with veg. Pick at the carcass and boil off the remains into a fresh stock. a few mins in the microwave and you have a protein based meal

You can eat 2 day and still loose weight if you are really active.

depends on how much like chicken though, but they will keep for a week in the fridge (the least fatty bits lose flavour first so get into them).

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post

One to the things I find with my weight loss clients in hypnotherapy is that they don’t plan to eat. This means they often have to grab what they can, or make what they’ve got in the kitchen. Those who are at the right weight appear to nicely plan their food, prepare it in advance, and that way always have the right food with them at the right time. Do you?

Best regards,

Smiler
    I do , its part of my lifestyle. People I work with tend not to book a meeting for me at 3 , if they do they know i will probably turn up with a protein drink lol
    I do the same thing food wise and time wise each and everyday. I purchase all my food for the day in one go pretty much, call it an OCD (people do) but thats how it works. People around me also use me as a clock, they see me break some food out in the afternoon, " it must be 3'oclock, going to get a coffee" , its surprising how what youdo can impact others and people come to respect what you do.

it's taken me 29 years, but i'm slowly learning routine is key to productivity. In fact that should be added to the advice thread

good advice smiler

I have noticed an improvement in how I feel since taking a proper look at my diet, following various advice i'm well on the way to sorting it out

I'm by no means an expret, but here whta I've picked up so far from various sources:

good breakfast is key, I go with scrambled eggs, toast and fruit juice
    eat little and often 6 small meals feels better than 3 big ones (this is MY preference as opposed to a rule)
    eating the right things at the right time will help (giving you an appropriate amount of energy at the right times, etc)
    drink LOADS of water (its 11.30, and I've had nearly 3 litres already, I'll have another 3 or 4 before 6pm, then a litre when I get back from the gym)

and as smiler says plan your meals, make sure you have it all there, so you dont risk "eating what you can"
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi Bateman, good work fella! Its not OCD though…that’s a slightly different issue…instead it is good choices and good action…

Simon – routine is definitely a way of getting on track and keeping that way…the question to you would be, what happens if you can’t keep that routine for some reason?

Thanks Romeoblood – I think the best thing all of us can do is to take a proper look at our diets…and do so regularly…

Best regards,

Smiler

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Hi Bateman, good work fella! Its not OCD though…that’s a slightly different issue…instead it is good choices and good action…

Simon – routine is definitely a way of getting on track and keeping that way…the question to you would be, what happens if you can’t keep that routine for some reason?

Thanks Romeoblood – I think the best thing all of us can do is to take a proper look at our diets…and do so regularly…

Best regards,

Smiler
    Easy peasy, a routine is just a template. The more embedded the routine the easier you get back on track. no need to be OCD. Like Berradi says the difference between 90-10% is minimal.

The skills is choose and implementing the right routine so it can become habitual and effective

Did I answer the right question, i just re-read you question and it can be interperated several ways.

one crucial thing I missed...

enjoy your food, try and eat as much enjoyable food as you can which maintaining a good diet

no point in having diet that gives you all the nutriants, if you dont enjoy the taste
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    one crucial thing I missed...

enjoy your food, try and eat as much enjoyable food as you can which maintaining a good diet

no point in having diet that gives you all the nutriants, if you dont enjoy the taste
    I think you come to enjoy what you eat , it may start off like that though.