Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Design Direction

whats the design where they put the skeleton hands on the gloves?
    "My whole life is an epic journey man, I mean who else do you know that listens to Enya whilst taking a dump?"

just design it jay, if it doesnt work, hike the prices up to £150 a t shirt and shrink them all in the wash and they'll fly out

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    just design it jay, if it doesnt work, hike the prices up to £150 a t shirt and shrink them all in the wash and they'll fly out
    Haha, yuh man ..... I'm worse designer in world anyway, decision was made before I even posted lmao

How about doing something original? No? Pah sod that, most people are sheep, money is in the tired and uninspired? Potentially, but without marketing and brand awareness, you are fishing with a rod in the same pond as trawlers

A good idea would spend a Saturday and in a MMA clothing stores and watch the identityless drones that come in and shop and see what non MMA stuff they wear.

If I was you take your designs, but change the garment. That way you can reach and a new market and keep your brand identity. I don't know of many brands (please bear in mind I don't like the stuff so virtually no research is done here) that produce nylon trackie tops (think Nike / adidas ones, they are some of their top selling products), possible with brazil, UK or USA coloured trim and a design on the back. Maybe football/basketball (I think Tapout may do this)/NFL jerseys. These are things your target audience would wear.

Personal with sports gear I like retro and plain stuff, but I don’t think I'm the mainstream audience. I think bold silhouette stuff would be cool. Some stuff like the old SFUK gear would still be pretty current.

Maybe start a survey on here and ask friends and people to log what casual wear they go through in a fortnight or month in the gym, pub, street, work etc. Find where your competition is missing an opportunity and capitalise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKid View Post
    whats the design where they put the skeleton hands on the gloves?
    thats the punchtown gloves mate, theyre pretty wicked, they also do shin pads with a leg bone on them as well
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

@simonmobiledisco

Nothing is original any more, its about re-inventing in my opinion - we see the fashion world constantly go around in a circle updating old looks!

I've done the basic look far too often and will still do basic pieces but want to try new areas

I'm working on a project at the moment that will be quite different ( non MMA ) reckon you guys might like that better lol

Quote Originally Posted by simonmobiledisco View Post
    How about doing something original? No? Pah sod that, most people are sheep, money is in the tired and uninspired? Potentially, but without marketing and brand awareness, you are fishing with a rod in the same pond as trawlers

A good idea would spend a Saturday and in a MMA clothing stores and watch the identityless drones that come in and shop and see what non MMA stuff they wear.

If I was you take your designs, but change the garment. That way you can reach and a new market and keep your brand identity. I don't know of many brands (please bear in mind I don't like the stuff so virtually no research is done here) that produce nylon trackie tops (think Nike / adidas ones, they are some of their top selling products), possible with brazil, UK or USA coloured trim and a design on the back. Maybe football/basketball (I think Tapout may do this)/NFL jerseys. These are things your target audience would wear.

Personal with sports gear I like retro and plain stuff, but I donít think I'm the mainstream audience. I think bold silhouette stuff would be cool. Some stuff like the old SFUK gear would still be pretty current.

Maybe start a survey on here and ask friends and people to log what casual wear they go through in a fortnight or month in the gym, pub, street, work etc. Find where your competition is missing an opportunity and capitalise on it.
    This is good. But Diane Abbot is still a coconut

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    This is good. But Diane Abbot is still a coconut
    ha ha ha. i totally forgot to reply to you, will give you an educational PM next week.

, Cheers Simon, I have been stalking your posts for any flaws in logic and sadly I am without any material to assasinate your character with

MMA isn't something you can just go into a pub and research, its down at the gym where I train I do my research ....... "MMA" fans don't buy the gear often and if they do its TapouT / Affliction for the fashion statement.