Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post workout recovery

Hybrid View

Default Post workout recovery

Hi peeps.

Last night I posted a recovery protein shake recipe on Facebook and a few people suggested their own versions. I thought I'd check what you guys and gals see if you have any favourite recipes of your own.

The one I had yesterday was:

‎10 strawberries + 1 banana + 1 cup of milk + scoop of protein powder (vanilla) + 1 tbsp splenda sweetner

What do you peeps use to recharge?
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

I used to blend my own shakes but now just go for a Vyomax recovery drink. It does the job and saves buying a lot of ingredients

http://www.vyomaxnutrition.com/Recov...%2cProductName

Quote Originally Posted by liamwandi View Post
    Hi peeps.

Last night I posted a recovery protein shake recipe on Facebook and a few people suggested their own versions. I thought I'd check what you guys and gals see if you have any favourite recipes of your own.

The one I had yesterday was:

‎10 strawberries + 1 banana + 1 cup of milk + scoop of protein powder (vanilla) + 1 tbsp splenda sweetner

What do you peeps use to recharge?
    Same thing cept no sweetner and I throw in some frozen berries and chuck it in the blender.

Phd Recovery 2:1 is great, Myproteins Recovery XS does the job but dosen't taste great. I'm going to try Myprotein's Recovery Evo as I don't think I need the creatine.

I think its important to eat a proper meal an hour or so after that as well.
    Celtic Pride Martial Arts, Abertillery, Gwent
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Thai Boxing
    Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I think its important to eat a proper meal an hour or so after that as well.
    I suppose it depends a little on where you train and when you get home. I get home for about 9pm and want to get to bed for 10-11 as I need to get up early for work. Everywhere you read says sleeping enough hours is even more important than the shakes you buy.

I defo get my main meal like you advise Scott, but I know some people just aren't hungry /can't eat at that time.

I love my blender!
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

I favour a cople of ice cold kronenburgs, kills the pain as well..

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
    I favour a cople of ice cold kronenburgs, kills the pain as well..
    A cold beer after training is a fine thing.Ive never used any supplements except Vitamin C tablets.I do the hot bath cold shower thing and stretch after every session.I also rekon getting a good nights rest helps the most but i never do that.

I'm with Bob on this one. Beer all the way.

Beer, scratchings and if your brave chew welks
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

1 big scoop of myprotein's toffee fudge true whey
    1 small scoop of glutamine
    milk
    couple of ice cubes
    some lemon juice

Pretty simple, but it's fucking lovely.