Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post workout recovery

Quote Originally Posted by liamwandi View Post
    Hi peeps.

Last night I posted a recovery protein shake recipe on Facebook and a few people suggested their own versions. I thought I'd check what you guys and gals see if you have any favourite recipes of your own.

The one I had yesterday was:

‎10 strawberries + 1 banana + 1 cup of milk + scoop of protein powder (vanilla) + 1 tbsp splenda sweetner

What do you peeps use to recharge?
    did you drink this from a crystal glass whilst overlooking your private lake??? musta costa fortune lol
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Recovery is a 24 on 24h thing. PWO shakes are pretty overrated but supplement companies will of course tell you otherwise.

I eat a meal as soon as I can after training. If it is in the form of a shake, it'll depend on the diet. It could include carbs (which vary) and protein or it could be a protein shake and some almonds/nuts/peanuts on the side.

Amounts would also depend on diet, my weight, hour of the day, etc.
    portuguesewhitebelt.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    did you drink this from a crystal glass whilst overlooking your private lake??? musta costa fortune lol

Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read that I almost spilled my Cristal on the persian rug!

It's summer man and there ain't no sunshine so I eat lots of berries to have sunshine on the inside

and...it helps keep the poop regular

But seriously, it couldn't have costed more than a 2.

Whey protein can be cheap and half a punnet of strawberries about 1.

I'd love to stay and chat but gotta go helicopter-shopping
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybob View Post
    I favour a cople of ice cold kronenburgs, kills the pain as well..
    A cold beer after training is a fine thing.Ive never used any supplements except Vitamin C tablets.I do the hot bath cold shower thing and stretch after every session.I also rekon getting a good nights rest helps the most but i never do that.