Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: become a black belt in 6 months

Just revived this email.....
    Dear Mark
    thank you for your interest in our Black Belt training. If successful you would receive a Black Belt 1st Degree in Martial Arts Concepts and Self Protection. This qualification is recognised by Geoff Thompson of the B.C.A.
    If you are unsure who Geoff Thompson is then check out his website at www.geoffthompson.com. Or contact Chuck Norris! He has Geoff over to train his Black Belts.You can also find me on Geoff's site on his Master Class trailer.
    I have been training for 34 years.*Over that time I have found that there is nuggets of gold in most systems but you have to study for years to find them. In Martial Arts Concepts we have taken the nuggets of several effective arts and put them together thus saving our students years of study. We also separate self defence from martial arts. What works in a ring does not necessarily work outside a club at 3am.
    Our course is a no nonsense approach to becoming a Black Belt for the most dedicated and serious student. I will not award a Black Belt to somebody I'm not proud of. We will cover everything on your list but not kama,sword or sambo. In addition there are elements of Tai Chi Chuan. But only the fighting elements.
    If you are still interested let me know and we will get together and you can see for yourself if I'm*a cowboy or*not. I'm a good instructor, descent and approachable,*who is passionate about the arts. But more passionate about developing good Black Belts. I*will not kiss your arse and I will expect serious commitment and dedication.
    Thank you once again.
    With respect
    Prof. Steve Sharkey*******

Funny that - Geoff Thompson even has Russell Stutely listed under his links (lol) but not Dr Sharkey...
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

WOW, is he actually claiming a BCA blackbelt will be awarded in 6 months.
    I know Mr Thompson might have gone off the rails a bit in recent years with his 1000+ master classes and positive thinking, religious mat chats, but surely he's not endorsing this.

Quote Originally Posted by ocuana View Post
    Funny that - Geoff Thompson even has Russell Stutely listed under his links (lol) but not Dr Sharkey...
    Steve Sharkey is on the site, but not endorsed by Thompson, it's the other way round.
    Sharkey left this feed back after attending a GT Master class...

"It was solely down to the teachings of Geoff Thompson that I became a Special Branch Bodyguard to the Royal Family and the Government. This course has been a profound experience for which I feel blessed. Thank you Sir."
    Steve Sharkey

lol at the term "corporate blackbelt" quality analysis of this situation, lazy cunts with no passion or desire wanting to latch on to the latest craze. wouldn't surprise me if a few clueless yuppies with more money than sense dish their money out.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Do we have a police officer on here ? who could check out the good professor, if he was a body guard to the Queen ?, surely he would have to be a police officer for that position as he claims ``special branch ``??
    Last edited by Hammer; 20-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Not only does this disrespect anyone who has ever achieved standard worthy of holding a Degree/Dan grade, but it also disrespects the process of becoming a martial artist and makes this guy look like a twat!

how dare he!

special branch protection officer!????? special needs more like!

not only does he disrespect the martial arts circuit but he also sounds to be a bit of a WALTER MITTY! a complete disgrace to the private security industry also

He needs his head pulled off!

Quote Originally Posted by juliet View Post
    He needs his head pulled off!
    Wow, we were probably just going to take the piss out of him, and those foolish enough to fall for his 90's american advertising ploy.

I hope you're not a judge juliet!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogmma View Post
    Wow, we were probably just going to take the piss out of him, and those foolish enough to fall for his 90's american advertising ploy.

I hope you're not a judge juliet!

no, not at all.

im a little angry at the guy who has put this little advertising ploy together though.

you cant buy a particular Standard in martial arts!

it boils my piss!

Quote Originally Posted by superman1 View Post
    Just revived this email.....
    Dear Mark
    I*will not kiss your arse
    Prof. Steve Sharkey*******
    hah lmao you better watch out mark doooont piss this guy off or he'l open a can of whoop arse on you lol
    why is it the more you earn the less you have ?