Thread: gum shield advice

Default gum shield advice

Hi Folks,

I managed to bute through my gum sheild yesterday so I'm in need of anew one

the one I had before was a cheap one that I bought when I lost my last one

I am looking for a decent double gum shield (i.e covers top and bottom teeth)

any advice?
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Go to the dentist and get one made properly - no question....

Opro are the best I've ever had by far, including one the dentist fitted for me for rugby years ago.

I have an Opro gold but there are different grades of them offering different levels of protection.

Look them up mate, you wouldn't wanna get kicked in the teeth without one of these bad boys!

Dentist made gumshield > Opro

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    Dentist made gumshield > Opro
    Whatever works for you man, the Opro gold is fine for me. I was just giving input from my experience. How much did you pay for your dentist made one?

Opro do a custom fit that you mould your self and send off and about a week later they send you a custom fit same as you would get at the dentist.

Gold - Gold Premium or platinum are great for class usage or impact sports such as Rugby, but take my advise if you are fighting then its a custom fit every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by C.K.A.Martial Arts View Post
    Opro do a custom fit that you mould your self and send off and about a week later they send you a custom fit same as you would get at the dentist.

Gold - Gold Premium or platinum are great for class usage or impact sports such as Rugby, but take my advise if you are fighting then its a custom fit every day of the week.
    @ CKA I've sent you a message via your website mate
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge