Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clubs in edinburgh

Default clubs in edinburgh

hi guys what clubs are good and for what reasons eg bjj /muay thai/wrestling etc out off the ones i ve seen can you guys help would like to join one

rick youngs
    alba donadair
    edinburgh bjj
    headhunters

if there is any more can you let me know and which are the best
    thanks

Theres Dogs of Anarchy/Dual Samurai. Two teams who have recently combined forces. We train in wallyford, just outside Edinburgh. All the instructors are very experienced martial artists and the gym has a decent set up.

Alba Dornadair - vale-tudo , mma , sub wrestling , wrestling . boxing

The two best grappling clubs in Edinburgh hands down.

rick youngs

edinburgh bjj

Difficult choices. I think it's really hard to choose between these clubs. Rick Youngs and Willie Scotts (Alba Dornadair) have been around for a long time and produce awesome fighters and have pro fighters training out of them. Willies focus is much more on producing MMA fighters while Rick focuses on the more on grappling.

Dogs of Anarchy with Stuart are up and coming and doing excellently and are definitely worth a look. They can only have got better with the merger.

Headhunters I don't know much about or Edingburgh bjj but one of the coaches I work with goes through to them now and again.

My advice is to try them all and find where feels best.

There is also Crazy Cow bjj. The guys in that club are really good and a real laugh and well worth a visit.

Have fun trying them and good luck.
    www.dmmayacsa.com

www.saints-sport-bash.tk

"it's just a Sport. It's just that it hurts to win, and hurts to lose"

For bjj rick youngs would be the place to go, one of only 3 bjj black belts coaching in Scotland. Some great guys there for mms as well.

Alba dornadair is one of the oldest mma clubs in Scotland and has been putiing out fighters for years.

Headhunters would be the place to go to for good stand up,alex Sneddon coaches there and has real good Thai, there fighters look really well rounded

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Headhunters would be the place to go to for good stand up,alex Sneddon coaches there and has real good Thai, there fighters look really well rounded
    Agree with that, James Jarvie is still training there as well, awesome couple of guys to have in any training gym!
    Silverbacks MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Darkne$s View Post
    The two best grappling clubs in Edinburgh hands down.

rick youngs

edinburgh bjj
    Where about in Edinburgh is Edinburgh bjj based?? I know of Rick Young's in Leith and and know of Crazy Cow at Tollcross but haven't heard of Edinburgh bjj.

Cheers

Always thought they were one and the same crazy cow and edinburgh bjj