Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Green fight - dive?

Default Danny Green fight - dive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EdbKsVIAk4

this was last night here in perth.
    Danny Green is massive here as he is from perth so went down the pub with a load of my mates to watch, place was packed out. well this si what happened, 29 seconds into the first round. i can't find a better quality video yet as it only happened 14 hours ago, i'll put it up when i can get one.

look like a dive to you? its not the first time a fighter has gone down easily versus green here in perth. the bikey gangs have a huge influence on local boxing and within the green camp and there's always rumours that they've threatened/paid fighters to go down, but this took the piss.

the after fight reaction was pantomine, danny green on the microphone for a good 5 minutes ranting and abusing briggs after it happened, briggs got pelted as he left the ring, even the pub i was at had stuff thrown at the screens.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

definite dive, just watched it on the news, that stumble on 8 was cringeworthy.

I also think him coming in over weight was deliberate in an attempt to to get the fight cancelled

seen on the news this morning that the fight was meant to be in sydney but briggs wasn't given permission to fight by the state commision as he was deemed "unfit".

gotta laugh after the fight one of briggs sparring partners came into the ring and offered to fight green - he's not looking for a nice little pay day against a champ or anything, lol.
    just another case of aussie boxing being a shambles, green has just beaten a legend in roy jones and they put him against this nobody, back to protecting the bigger names as usual....
    GFT

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Danny Green is a fucking legend. I remember reading an interview where he explained that he fought with a broken hand or something. fucked his hand but knew his trainer wouldn't care, so he didn't say a word and continued his training in silent agony.

that is how to go about your business! what a warrior!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

oh, and that dive was waaaaay worse than i was expecting. even i would have done a better job, he could have at least taken a proper lump. Shocker.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

as expected everyones going beserk here, boxings big in my area and green is treated like a god.
    he comes across as a great bloke, i saw a special hour long interview with him after his retirement a few years back and it was a great watch, didn't care for him much before i saw it, very humble but speaks his mind. i remember him ranting about the "yoof of today" how they're all ill disciplined scum bags who need a clip round the ear lol.

there's going to be some big repercussions here within the industry, but wtf were the "green team" thinking with this match up.
    GFT

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/boxin...722-10mg4.html

Greens slept on it and is now full of defence for his opponent lol. now mentions that he felt the punch hit and saw his eyes rolling around. funny that, he didn't seem to notice it at the time when he spent 5 minutes after the fight shouting abuse, he obviously knew he hadn't hit him and that his opponent wasn't really hurt, if he genuinly did see his eyes rolling and knew he was hurt at the time then why go on the microphone rampage?

think he's been advised to say it this morning.
    GFT

...and now he wants to fight Brock Lesnar (but stand-up only)
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/88434

Quote Originally Posted by DanCrase View Post
    ...and now he wants to fight Brock Lesnar (but stand-up only)
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/88434
    What's the point in that? - I want to fight a wrestler, but I don't want to wrestle.

looked legit to me!!
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!