Thread: Thorpe Park or Alton Towers?

Default Thorpe Park or Alton Towers?

Which is best? Been Alton a few times and meant to be off there again next week but tempted to go Thorpe instead as haven't been before. Plus that new ride at Alton is meant to be shit!!

not been to any for a few years but

Alton towers > Chessington world of adventures > thorpe park

Thorpe Park is tiny compared to Alton Towers, and the queues are just as long. I'd pick Alton Towers every time.

I quite like the new ride, only really good if you don't know what to expect though.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

Love Alton Towers, not been to Thorpe. Thirteen is the shits - however experience it for yourself but get to it asap as I would of been very pissed if I had to Queue for more than 10mins for it (its that bad - although there is a surprise!).

I think I've really sold it to you there.

Quote Originally Posted by simonmobiledisco View Post
    not been to any for a few years but

Alton towers > Chessington world of adventures > thorpe park
    You've got to be joking, Chessington is more for kids, no where near as awesome as Thorpe Park.

I'd say if you've never been Thorpe Park then go, it's as good as Alton Towers, but I would probably go as far to say it is better than Alton Towers. But that's probably a bias due to the fact that it only takes about an hour and half to get to Thorpe Park from where I live and over 4 hours to Alton Towers, lol.