Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gurkha's = warriors

Default Gurkha's = warriors

Apparently a Gurkha patrol was sent out with orders to track down a Taliban warlord described as a 'high-value target'

Having identified their target, a fierce battle ensued during which the warlord was killed. To prove that they had got their man, the Gurkhas attempted to remove the body for identification. Further enemy fire necessitated a fast exit minus corpse. So, an unnamed soldier drew his kukri - the standard-issue Gurkha knife - removed the man's head and legged it. Ok so a camera could have been issued but it wasn't

Ministry of Defence sources have been quick to emphasise that the British Army is appalled by what has happened.(Yeah Ok!!)

Meanwhile laundry operatives at all sites in Afghanistan have reported an increase in urine soaked combat trousers caused by uncontrolled laughing.

This is about the most positive story I have heard to come out of that sh1thole

Quote Originally Posted by Wudi_SNR View Post
    Apparently a Gurkha patrol was sent out with orders to track down a Taliban warlord described as a 'high-value target'

Having identified their target, a fierce battle ensued during which the warlord was killed. To prove that they had got their man, the Gurkhas attempted to remove the body for identification. Further enemy fire necessitated a fast exit minus corpse. So, an unnamed soldier drew his kukri - the standard-issue Gurkha knife - removed the man's head and legged it. Ok so a camera could have been issued but it wasn't

Ministry of Defence sources have been quick to emphasise that the British Army is appalled by what has happened.(Yeah Ok!!)

Meanwhile laundry operatives at all sites in Afghanistan have reported an increase in urine soaked combat trousers caused by uncontrolled laughing.

This is about the most positive story I have heard to come out of that sh1thole
    dont fuck with Gurkhas... thats pretty bad ass
    I'm a doctor in exercise the same way Dr Dre is in hip hop!

Apalled? The lad showed initiative! Gurkhas are awesome. They deserve our upmost respect. It's embarassing how our government has repeatedly shit on Gurkha veterans.

EDIT:

Just found this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

He could go to prison! How fucking British; they use IEDs, road-side bombs, anti-personel mines, suicide bombs, use civilians as cover, etc. and the military top brass insist that the armed forces repsect their sensibilities? Fucking ridiculous. This has made me cunting livid!
    Last edited by BlueRabbit; 24-07-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Ghurkas rock, he should recieve a medal, how many of us have Taliban beheaded, now take that, i would put the head on a pole on tower bridge as a deterant to any other fucker who messes with us!
    (Irish Accent) I like a good posh wank, you know!

Cool! That must've been such a pressured situation and to put yourself on the line like that, the guy should be praised.

"If the Gurkha being investigated by the Army is found guilty of beheading the dead enemy soldier, he will have contravened the Geneva Conventions which dictate the rules of war" - Daily Mail

...Whatever.

i love the way our lads are sent out there to die and when they bravely do their duty there's an uproar and shit load of red tape for them to go through. they kill an insurgent and face an inquiry and cunts back home call for their heads (no pun intended ) and bitch and moan that these guys are murderers. fucking sickens me the scum who sit behind their keyboards and abuse our troops doing their duty. the hoops our lads have to jump through just to do their job (things like not shooting until shot at) and cunts back home still talk and act like they're some sort of unruly militia murderers.

bring our boys home, but home as heroes. read nothing but criticism of our troops lately but fuck every cunt who thinks they've a right to question the behaviour of our troops under fire whilst sat in the safety of their living room.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Cool! That must've been such a pressured situation and to put yourself on the line like that, the guy should be praised.

"If the Gurkha being investigated by the Army is found guilty of beheading the dead enemy soldier, he will have contravened the Geneva Conventions which dictate the rules of war" - Daily Mail

...Whatever.
    its a fucking joke, its a totally thankless job. like the fucking enemy they're fighting follow the geneva convention. fighting an enemy who use mosques as cover (can't fire on mosques) or hide themselves amongst civilians. then when our lads do their duty and risk their lives they get no thanks, instead they face tribunals and are forced to defend themselves legally for doing their fucking job.
    political correctness sickens me.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

The thing is, it is a war. There should be no rules, and the army should be supporting them. they shoot at our lads from mosques, groups of women and children, use IED's and mine roads. But unfortunately they are not an army, and do not have to bow to regulations and the geneva convention.

This lad wants a medal, not telling off or facing a trial. People back home dont realise what its like out there, and its easy for them, an the press to blow this out of proportion. I fucking hate the press.

On another note, one of my mates told me that they were on night patrol through a thicket with a section of 5 ghurkas attatched to them. They were fired upon as they come into an open plain for about 200 yards. He said they were everywhere, and they were pretty much pinned down. HQ said there were around 100-150 taliban fighters confirmed in the area and air support was on its way. 3 of the ghurkas crawled off (only after did they know this, as he said nobody even noticed) and killed 76 fighters between them, and the rest disappeared.

Obviously the whole patrol was firing back etc. and some of them were killed by being shot, but 76 between 3 lads with their kukhris. They are fucking unbelievable warriors. He said it looked like a film from a horror movie when they came out of the bushes, faces, hands and clothes literally dripping with blood.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross90 View Post
    The thing is, it is a war. There should be no rules, and the army should be supporting them. they shoot at our lads from mosques, groups of women and children, use IED's and mine roads. But unfortunately they are not an army, and do not have to bow to regulations and the geneva convention.

This lad wants a medal, not telling off or facing a trial. People back home dont realise what its like out there, and its easy for them, an the press to blow this out of proportion. I fucking hate the press.

On another note, one of my mates told me that they were on night patrol through a thicket with a section of 5 ghurkas attatched to them. They were fired upon as they come into an open plain for about 200 yards. He said they were everywhere, and they were pretty much pinned down. HQ said there were around 100-150 taliban fighters confirmed in the area and air support was on its way. 3 of the ghurkas crawled off (only after did they know this, as he said nobody even noticed) and killed 76 fighters between them, and the rest disappeared.

Obviously the whole patrol was firing back etc. and some of them were killed by being shot, but 76 between 3 lads with their kukhris. They are fucking unbelievable warriors. He said it looked like a film from a horror movie when they came out of the bushes, faces, hands and clothes literally dripping with blood.
    I am lost for words!
    Meh...........

Unbelievable, the thing is it wasn't some barbaric exeuction, the guy was already dead, they just took the head to prove who he was. Plus we should be protecting our soldiers, it's fucking ridiculous what these guys have to do and then suffer at the hands of our own government.

Btw Ross90, that story sounds like complete bullshit, no offense, but that would have been big news if 3 gurkhas killed like 70 taliban with their Kukri knives. I don't doubt their skill, but you have to be gullible to believe your mates story lmao.