Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Call Centre Tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    I used to sell personal protection insurance (PPI) for Northern Rock.

You know how you see those adverts on daytime TV now about personal loans people have taken out with PPI, and how you can reclaim the cost if it was mis-sold? Well I was one of the people that missold it. Seriously it used to be ridiculous the tricks people would pull to get the PPI on a loan because it was all commission based. I couldn't get any enthusiasm for selling the shit because it was such a lousy product so every so often I'd have to listen in on the calls the 'top sellers' were making, and it turned out their figures were great because they were either:

* Telling the customer they couldn't have a loan if they didn't take the PPI with it.
    *Just putting the PPI in with the loan without mentioning it, and taking the commission before the customer could read the papers and (maybe) return it.
    *Only quoting for a loan including PPI and hoping the customer didn't notice it.

And the product was utter shit! It turned out that there were so many exceptions that it was as good as worthless. The idea was that if you were ill, unemployed or otherwise unable to pay the loan then the insurance would pay it for you. However, it would only do so once for every single instance of illness or injury (so if an illness recurred it wouldn't pay out) and would only do so for a maximum of 12 months - so if you became permanently disabled and unable to work, after 1 year the company would be knocking at your door for the loan payments (and brilliantly, the insurance premiums too). I worked out once that if you took the insurance out for the full term of the loan, statistically it was impossible to be able to claim enough money to outweigh what you were paying in premiums.

Complete shit and a very miserable time of my life haha
    It's always the same with the 'top sellers' ain't it, they just lie through their arses. I remember the top gun at my old place telling people it was a rolling month by month contract when it was actually 2 years bound, or just telling them it was five quid when it was 20 a month, you couldn't make it up lol.

Thats fucked about the illness insurance, robbing bastards

mate, toilet time....its like you work at my place

were allowed 30 mins for lunch and 15 mins to for toilets and drink duty. so not allowed to off the phone for more that 45 mins a day.

Which, if your constapated, or have diaorrear, your in trouble, oh and dont spend too long boiling the kettle....fuck me i hate it, If i could take my playstation to work i would smash it over the head of my manager......
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy snuka View Post
    Why do you have to lie all the time sledge
    Sorry. I didn't realise you monitored my work habits and sexual conquests when I was 19.

Did you have nothing better to do?

You must have a very boring life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realise you monitored my work habits and sexual conquests when I was 19.

Did you have nothing better to do?

You must have a very boring life.
    fucking LOL
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

UGC Cinemas call centre - easiest job I ever had. Monotonous as fuck, though.

I've been working in Customer Services/Call Centres for the last few years (except my current job) and I didnt actually mind it too much, in fact, at my last job I specifically applied for it because it was literally round the corner from the gym, had free secure parking and the hours suited me to a T. I stayed there for 2 years and only left because I was getting paid peanuts.

The way I see it is; come to terms with the fact you're getting paid peanuts to do a monkey's job, you're getting paid to sit on your arse and talk to people on the phone, it's much better than being outside in the cold and rain and it's a rest period before you go training.

You just need to know how to play the system in regards to skiving, logging off the phone, 'walking with a purpose' and making the right friends (banging your boss works too...).

I dont mind call centre work... (outbound sales sucks arse though).
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i can't stand it when i hear people being rude to call centre staff. Once heard a colleague trying to take some poor bastard's soul over some problem with her bank account. Fair enough, must have been a pain, but to blame the person who picks up the phone like they deliberately fucked you over is just inexcusable IMO

she proved herself to be an arsehole and we didn't have a pleasant word for each other for the rest of the time we worked together (in a team of 3)

saw her at a meet up a while later and she said she never hated me lol maybe i should have said that back, but i chose not to - hate telling lies!
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I work in a call centre at the moment and have done for the last few years! I'm supposed to be having a meeting tomorrow because I'm on my ''final warning'' but I'm just not coming back after today. I'm not even bothered about the money I'm just glad to be getting out of this hell hole!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

^^ haha legend.

'Fuck it, i'm off'
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ^^ haha legend.

'Fuck it, i'm off'
    Jimmy Boogaloo 'Servant of Kronos' made me lol! I used to use Kronos at my old job. I used to time stamp over to different admin departments then disappear for 30 minutes at a time.

I used to work at JD Williams the catalogue company in Manchester. I lasted about 4 weeks before telling them "..my mate just called me, he's been in an accident, I've got to go..." then left and never came back. In reality, my mate called me and told me he got a puncture on his bike and asked whether I had a tyre pump.

I only stayed there that long because they served mint cheap food in the staff canteen and had a nice gym inside for like 1 a week.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.