Thread: Shay Walsh Wins At Ikon 3; Gets McGurk Next

Default Shay Walsh Wins At Ikon 3; Gets McGurk Next

BritMMA.co.uk caught up with Shay Walsh after his victory over Danny Welsh at Ikon 4. He's back in the gym now and raring to go again; next time out against the 5-2 Pete McGurk at Fight Stars in September!!!

"The break's over for me," asserted Walsh. "The only difference with training will be to work around peaking, because I'm still quite a few weeks away from the fight. At this time, I don't have to go mega hard on my cardio, but I can concentrate on trying to keep a little bit of weight on, and get a bit stronger. Then, I can work on the explosiveness and speed when it gets closer.

"When you're quite far from a fight, I can just go in the gym and work on everything; on every single aspect and improve that way. When we have got an opponent confirmed though, which will obviously happen closer to the day, we can start work on a specific gameplan. From there, everything should have hopefully got that little bit better since the last fight."
    Check the whole thing out here!!! http://britmma.co.uk/#/walsh-wins-fa...n-3/4542788159
    Dean Parr, owner of BritMMA.co.uk...Check it out!!!!

sahy is a good fighter and a top lad glad to seee him doing well
    section 18
    Paul DeathWish Hartley
    3 and 4 pro flyweght

I can see Shay doin a number on McGurk here

Shay is a big prospect- He fights hometown favourite Pete Mcgurk 6-2-0 on Fightstars 6- Nottingham Oceana.

Love Shay, he is awesome as a fighter and person. He's faught on all 3 of my shows and always been a true professional but unfortunately not on my next show as he's in Nottingham, where I hope to go show my support.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Very good prospect and seems to have his head screwed on regarding his career and progression.

Wish him all the best.
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum