Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black people are better at fighting than White people

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    I remember reading that they looked into why there were no white guys under 100m and they couldn't see why. There is no reason, in a genetic sense, why white people shouldn't be as fast as black people.

It is a bit of a mystery.
    Im guessing, but would Black people have a higher ratio of fast twitch muscle fibers, making them better suited to more explosive actions?

I have def read that black people have higher bone density then whites, which might contribute to their lack of success at water sports?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Can someone direct me to a website or shop where I can buy food for a troll?
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    Aren't black people just better Athletes generally? 2 days ago was the first time a whiteman has broke 10 seconds in the 100m sprint...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    there's a chapter in Matthew Syed's awesome book Bounce about this.

to say blacks are better athletes is a massive generalisation,its a lot more regionalised than that.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    Can someone direct me to a website or shop where I can buy food for a troll?
    Surely he's looking for a reaction where people explode with indignation and start flaming. Discussing the issue seriously cant be considered feeding surely?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Its black americans that have a genetic predisposition towards physical robustness and athleticism.

As direct desendants of those brought over from africa to fuel the slave trade, the harsh conditions of their transportation and subsequent life in the americas were a driving force that naturally selected only the strongest and fittest as they were the ones that survived and had children together.

from what i remember this has been proven by comparative studies between black americans and their african cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    There's some valid points to be made when it come to race and sport - different racial groups tend to have different proportions of various muscle types or other physiological differences that predispose them to be better at some sports than others. Blah blah.

To say "blacks are better at sport", however is pretty ignorant. Sure, there are a lot of good black sprinters and boxers, but how many great black swimmers are there?

And the more technical and complex the sport, the less the outcome is going to be determined by genetics.

MMA is perhaps the most technical sport there is, requiring many different skills and attributes. Good fighters are the ones who know how to play to their strengths.
    so true. In anthropology there are many way to determine sex, race, age and size from human remains due to physiological differences. But I think there's many other factors that determine one's success in any sport.
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false."

im sure when i was in school we done comparrisons in athletes and our teacher said something along the lines of black people genetically tend to have more fast twitch muscle fibres which allows them to run faster than a white athlete trained in the same thing eg the 100 metres but something like a bone density difference allows whites to excel in sports like swimming etc.

in mma though i dont think race makes a difference at all. both races genetics could give them an advantage over there an oponent in one aspect but leave them at a disadvantage in another so will always come down to who is the better prepared and better skilled athlete rather than who has the better genetics.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    Aren't black people just better Athletes generally? 2 days ago was the first time a whiteman has broke 10 seconds in the 100m sprint.
    It appears to depend what sport. Swimming as has been mentioned, but also strongman competitions are very low in highly successful black competitors.

I really don't know why this is, but all this fast twitch muscle stuff sounds like cobblers to me. I can't find any solid proof of this, just glorified guesswork.

I'd be more interested in how many people from certain racial backgrounds take up certain sports and why. I don't recall any black kids I went to school with as being particularly bad at swimming, in fact some were rather good. Conversly the fastest guy over 100 and 200 metres was a white Irish kid.

Overall though, could it be that over the years certain sports have been deemed to be the property of certain races? Perhaps white kids don't take sprinting seriously and black kids are made to feel that swimming isn't for them? Subsequently you get a sporting racial divide that perhaps only exists in peoples minds?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogmma View Post
    Its black americans that have a genetic predisposition towards physical robustness and athleticism.

As direct desendants of those brought over from africa to fuel the slave trade, the harsh conditions of their transportation and subsequent life in the americas were a driving force that naturally selected only the strongest and fittest as they were the ones that survived and had children together.

from what i remember this has been proven by comparative studies between black americans and their african cousins.
    This is apparently true, the tallest, strongest, slaves were bred with each other as they went for more money. So the genes have carried down. That is why black Americans are bigger than other blacks around the world. There was a documentary based on this, made interesting viewing.

I think with MMA there are too many factors, athleticism obviously helps but then one of the most athletic in MMA is GSP and if we're talking about heavyweights Brock is very athletic and has a high rate of fast twitch muscles and the ones up and coming are white or Brazilian.

I think poverty plays a big role in boxers (used to anyway), that's why you see a lot eastern europeans in there now and seem to be doing very well in boxing and mma for that matter.

It is tempting to conclude that black people are more athletic generally, though probably not that helpful.

To look at a sport which pretty much all groups in the country are exposed to, football, it seems black people are disproportionately represented in the national football team. In terms of the sports where they're not, I wonder how much of this is down to socio-economic factors? For example, I'm guessing that if you're a black man born in this country, statistically you're more likely to be born/raised in an inner-city area of the country where you might be exposed to football or boxing, but less likely to be exposed to Rugby Union, rowing or polo. I'm not saying this is uniformly the case, but on average.

With regard to the original comment, as i think someone else said, it's not really racist it just comes across as a bit thick. I think it's also virtually meaningless in terms of 'fighting'. As has been said, MMA is absolutely not dominated by black people. Also, you've singled out one weight division in boxing. If i fixated on the lower weight divisions, like the featherweights or bantams, i might draw similar conclusions in favour of whites or hispanics, but not blacks.
    Last edited by WCR; 01-08-2010 at 11:46 AM.