Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
I remember reading that they looked into why there were no white guys under 100m and they couldn't see why. There is no reason, in a genetic sense, why white people shouldn't be as fast as black people.

It is a bit of a mystery.
This could be unture am not certain and you could look it up, but i think it has something to do with muscle fibres, which there are three types of, I think they are type 1, type 2a and type 2b, these are reffered to as fast and slow twitch muscles fibres, type 1 being slow and type 2 being fast.

If a person has type 1 then they will be generally better at long distance runnig.

If a person has type 2a then they will generally be better at middle distance running and swimming.

And if a person has type 2b then they will generally be better at spriniting.

Now am sure that research has found that black people have been found to have type 2 b muscle fibres a lot more than white people hence the amount of amazing black sprinters, ad then you find that a lot of whit people are good at swimming and middle distnace running due to haveing type 2a fibres.

So if all what i am saying is true, and it is as far as i can remember and have been taught then genetically black people will be better at sprinting. But if someone does research and finds me to be wrong please tell and discredit this