Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC in Glasgow

Default UFC in Glasgow

For anyone who has missed this it looks like the UFC is coming to Glasgow early next year, I know it was rumoured but it looks like a provisional booking has been made Who are the favourites to get on the undercard?

http://www.fightlinker.com/ufc-might...ore-uk-in-2011

Given most of Scotlands pro talent is featherweight and under, it narrows the choices down quite a bit. First name that springs to mind to be on the undercard is Alan Love.

ad love to fight on something like that, ano a dont qualify for scotlands top welterweight or anything like that though, im just game for anything lol

Agree with Lovey being in the mix, would also say John Quinn, Scott Ward as well at welterweight, if Turner goes back up to lightweight he could well be in with a shout

WOW that'd be fucking awesome!

I think it's be great for guys like Doolan and McVeigh, and other guys that have worked really hard to develop the sport in this country to get a shot at this show! They fucking deserve it!

Also could we all try to arrange the Davey v Bobby rubber match for this event :-) two birds n all that! lol

Nah I'd love to see Davey get a shot at this.....and I'd love to see Bobby get a fight as he just fights anywhere, anytime and has a good attitude to the game.

Not really that clued up on MMA here so I don't know who else should be in but if this was to happen I'd be there like Yogi!!!!!

[QUOTE=DanDan;637238]
    Nah I'd love to see Davey get a shot at this.....and I'd love to see Bobby get a fight as he just fights anywhere, anytime and has a good attitude to the game.
    QUOTE]

I do think they will be looking for a couple of Scottish prospects but can't see more than 2 or 3 making it to the undercard, if we're lucky!!

Let's hope it does come as it saves me going to London/Manchester and Newcastle like I have done in the past!!

I'll speak to Uncle Dana and find out the crack...

Wait a fucking minute. The Daily Record confirmed that?? Well that means about as much as something Pinnocchio says!!

Lovey vs Silva, Lovey by flying scissor heel hook

Everyone will want to be on the card but surely it's only right for the absolute best to be on there, seasoned professionals. I can only see a couple or 3 at most as the level of fights will be alot higher that most people have fought at before.

I wonder what type of fight would make the main event/co main event? Anyone want to guess?

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    I wonder what type of fight would make the main event/co main event? Anyone want to guess?
    Marcus Davis will reveal himself to be 1/27th Scottish and shall don a kilt to fight in front of his 'homecrowd'.