Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for things which are not threadworthy

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

oh dear lord - when taxidermy goes wrong

*and before any of you jokers accuse me of reading the mail, please be advised that i do not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...one-wrong.html
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

The Polar bear looks monged out of his mind! lol

The wonky donkey is my fav

I fucking love them! The metro-sexual lion is awesome but my favourite is spaz-cat.

i am now enjoying poor taxedermy without the aid of spectacles, this is what it's all about lads
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    i am now enjoying poor taxedermy without the aid of spectacles, this is what it's all about lads
    ah yeah, meant to ask you about this - did it hurt? do you have any drugs to take away the pain? anesthetics (sp?) that's what i meant. did you have short/long sight before? were you worried your eyes would fall out? can you box without worrying about them? how much did it cost [/optional question, rest compulsory]
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

When you go in, and they have re-checked your eyes to make sure they have the correct data, they take you in to the surgeon and he explains the procedure. Once you're alright, you go into a room and lie down on a dentist style chair and look up into a ring of white lights. While you're doing that they put an anesthetic eye drop... once that's had a minute to kick in, he placed a sort of clamp on my eye which prevented me from blinking. I felt a bit of pressure on my eyeball, like pressing into it with your thumb or something, and my vision blacked out as the corneal flap was created, and sucked up to keep it out the way, then he spun the chair underneath a laser where I was to stare fixedly at an orange light. He then re-applied the top of the eyeball and moved it around until it was back in it's correct position.

The whole procedure, both eyes, took maybe 5 minutes, then I went into a darkened room and just sat about for a bit, before they checked me out again and let me on my way.

There was no pain, I've not experienced any kind of irritation or dryness of eyes or anything like that. My only gripe was a bit of sensitivity to light on the way home (just wore sunglasses) and the fact that I can see halos and glare around bright lights and stuff... I believe that can last a wee while but should go away.

I was short sighted, -3.something diopters, and it cost me a bomb. It was going to be 3,300 but I said I would do it at their first cancellation, pay a deposit and pay the rest the next day if she could do something to make it cheaper. She spoke to the manager and I got it for 2,700 (hence I am now skint!)

I wasn't that worried tbh, I never gave blindness much thought. The guy said he does an average of about 12 a day, 5 times a week for a good few years now... my opinion on it was: do it now, think about it later lol

Apparently I can still do MMA and stuff, but should avoid any contact sports for about a month or so... he said he did it for Scottish national rugby players and they were in full season training in that time, and they will take quite a few high impact knocks. I just do MMA for fun and not fighting/competition though so it would perhaps be a bit different for someone sparring at fight intensity all the time
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

that sounds like a weird experience. bah, the money's worth it if it's worked well.

a mate of mine was in St Petersburg a while ago and said it was normal to see people drinking a can beer on the way to work. when i did that last week i got a so-callled 'final warning', bah, fuss over nothing.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has signed a bill that officially classifies beer as alcoholic.

Until now anything containing less than 10% alcohol in Russia has been considered a foodstuff.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14232970

your next opponent, Charles Bronson, naked, covered in butter lol

SEETHING Charles Bronson battled nine jail guards in a row over his drawings.

The man dubbed Britain’s most dangerous inmate stripped naked and covered himself in butter at a prison gym and it took a crack team of officers five hours to return him to his cell at the high-security jail.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/07/22/c...5875-23287574/