Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SFC "ShowDown"

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    don't think he meant it that way dude - the body is fast becoming one of the best welters in the uk...
    Yeah, he is defs becoming one of the best in the UK, and I would put him up there at Quinns level, or soon to be, would be good to see Scott challenging some of the top 10 also.

The Dinkys thinking of not doing rematches may affect them with the higher level matches, such as Ward / Mills, if it was the other way around, they would not let mills rematch scott, but saying that, there are many more WW in the UK to move on to.

Think with the dnft proccess on rematches may need to be re-thought with them now moving onto the UK scene in a big way and fighting at a higher level, as they will suffer more defeats down there than they have up in scotland, simply down to the level in competition, and will be looking for rematches.

all over the world Rematches and Rubber matches are the foundation of many historic boxing rivalries and now mma, massive teams and legendary fighters throughout the years have done rematches, why the DNFT have a different mindset to rematches is beyond me?

But back to Scott, can only see good things for him in MMA, good guy and would like to see him go on and face the best in the UK
    Semi-Pro Fighter
    Pro Pimpster

Sponsored by amazing people at

Diamond Dolls

http://www.diamond-dolls.co.uk/

what exactly is the DNFT policy on re-matches?? just remind me cause i must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    what exactly is the DNFT policy on re-matches?? just remind me cause i must have missed it.
    Yous dont do or rarely do rematches, search alan loves post on this to remind yourself.

havent you said similar in the past?
    Semi-Pro Fighter
    Pro Pimpster

Diamond Dolls

You seem really fimiliar with Alan Loves posts maybe you could point me in the direction of the right one, im a bit busy to go searching for something he might have said.

As for me saying anything about re-matched it really depends on the situation warranting it. Ive had 2 rematches in my carear, Jamie Mckenzie form your gym 1 armbar sub and 1 ko and Micky Young RNC loss first fight KO win second.

is the grip pimp from the battlefeild james?
    venni,vetti,vecci

a thought we were finaly gettin a name for grip there.any word on more match ups for showdown guys.
    venni,vetti,vecci

I knew you had fought Jamie twice mate, I just though since then, yous had a polocy that yous dont really do rematches.

And I did think that you have highlighted that yourself on here in the past, if not, I apologies James.

But more than Alan Love from your gym has said that on here.

And I wasnt having a pop at all, was just stating that the level of competition that some of your guys will now be facing (top 10 uk) more rematches may be on the horizon, more of a compliment than a dig to be honest mate.
    Semi-Pro Fighter
    Pro Pimpster

Diamond Dolls

Ever so slightly mental illegalhunter's Avatar

Its a good show heres hoping this one is as good as the last one .
    They guy who invented Burpees , is a secret child molester

Quote Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
    The truth is sfc have done a great job with the 4 man tournaments, however the names been thrown about for the welterweight one in issakson, mills Quinn etc is well above the level sfc seem to operating at.
    Steven ray looks a great prospect however his pro wins over an under sized edmondson and a French karate man hardly qualify him to be thought of in the same company of these guys. A better idea would be for sfc to build the 4 man around Ray with journey men similar to what they tried to do with the lightweight one with gilbraith
    a never said it qualified me into anything all a said was a would be up for fighting bigger/better guys theres only 1 way to find out how i would do n just for the record edmondson was undefeated at semi-pro and loic had a good martial arts record which i took as a last minute thing incase ur trying to say ive just fought easy opponents