Thread: Samsung Galaxy Portal any good?

Question Samsung Galaxy Portal any good?

....any good?

I know everyone says "get an Iphone" but i'm not sure i want to part with that much cash on such a long deal, when phones such as these are MUCH cheaper.

So does anyone have one and are they any good???
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I've had one for a few months now and wouldn't swap it for anything else, got it free on a contract so instant win. It has a good clear screen, its fast, easy to user, touch screen is very responsive, mp3 player is excellent, has lots of free downloadable apps, integrates well if you use gmail, has wifi, supports large memory cards. Touch screen keyboard takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it (took a couple of weeks) its easy. Only "downsides" ive seen are that the camera is a bit poor and it only comes with android 1.5 (on t-mobile which mine is). I dont know what the advantages of android 2.1 are exactly so im happy in my ignorance for now but it is upgradeable if you need it but not "officially" upgradeable through t-mobile If you get one on 3 network i think it comes with 2.1. Cant compare it to an iphone as ive never had/used one but I cant see how it could be so much better to justify the price

cheers Andy

bump..

or...a Sony Xperia X10 mini?
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Got the HTC Desire, it's pretty darn good.