Thread: DVD-the best of UCMMA

Default DVD-the best of UCMMA

I hired this dvd out recently from lovefilm.com, it has Alex Reid on the front, it contains 2.5-3 hrs of MMA action from cage rage.

I didnt know tho who 90% of the fighters in it were, the only ones i recognised were Alex Reid, James Mcsweeny, Jean Silva, Mark Weir and Mohammed Kasha (i remember him cause he beat Alex De Souza in 2003).

What i was surprised at tho was the amount of noticeable jeering Alex Reid was getting. Am i right in assuming that Alex being with Jordan is not popular in the MMA world?. I will admit that its a pity Alex is being with her, but on the other hand....would Alex of ever become in the public eye as much as he has if it wasent for his relationship with Jordan?. Im glad he won celebrity big brother, cause i wanted him to win, i think Alex is an alright guy.

Alex is one of those guys...

a lot of people dont like him, and you can see why to an extent

he's not the greatest fighter in the world, yet is still quite cocky. He's cashed in on reality TV, with "Alex Reid: the fight of his life", and is cashing in on being Mr Katie Price

but lets face it, that doesnt make him a bad guy

if someone offered me the chance to be paid a fortune to train for a fight, and have my training and the fight boradcast on TV, in exchange for a fortune, I would... in a second!
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Yeah I brought the DVD new off Ebay for about 4 a couple of weeks, lots of fights from Ultimate Challenge. Actually not a bad DVD.

Surprised at how few fighters you recorgnised as the DVD includes guys like Jake Bostwick, Jimi Manuwa, Brad Pickett, Sami Berick, Jack Mason & Neil Grove

As for Reid, he's a tough gusty fighter who gives it all he has & has a worse record than his talent suggests simply because he has got in there with some decent fighters possibly before he was ready for that level.
    However the media backlash turned a lot of fans against him, lus he has a way about him that people are either going to love or hate.

To be fair though its made him wealthy & famous and he seems happy so a doubt a few jeers or insults on an internet message board will mean a thing.

Did non of you get a little frustrated at the electrical sound and UCMMA logo appearing about every 4 mins and 30 seconds? I think i counted that 30 mins it was palyed about 21 times.

I turned it off
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    Did non of you get a little frustrated at the electrical sound and UCMMA logo appearing about every 4 mins and 30 seconds? I think i counted that 30 mins it was palyed about 21 times.

I turned it off
    Yeah, it annoyed me too actually.

Oh yeah, forgot about Brad Pickett, but his familiarity to me is very slight, compared to the other guys.