Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Season 2010/11

Hybrid View

Default Football Season 2010/11

Time to get the ball rolling and do the usual thread... is this its 5th year we have done this?

Utd just smashed Chelsea to lift the Charity Sheild and looked good whilst doing it

Predictions, gossip and general banter right here!

I hate Chelsea with all the coldness and rage of my heart, so I'm rooting for MU all the way

Well I predict that Newcastle Utd will do nothing of any great importance. I just hope we finish above the mackems.

As long as the Toon dont go down then I'll be a happy bunny!!!

Cant see it happening tbh but I doubt we'll be troubling the top 6 teams. My prediction for this season, mid-table finish and maybe a decent cup run.

Liverpool to be relegated and City to go bump when their owners fall victim to the next Oli spillage

Well benitez is gone and has been replaced by Woy, clueless hughes is back with fulham, Geordies and baggies return to the prem and new boys blackpool join the party, so what's everyones predictions:

Prem:
    1st Chelsea
    2nd rags
    3rd Arsenal
    4th Liverpool
    5th City
    6th Everton
    7th Spurs
    8th Villa
    9th Birmingham
    10th Sunderland

Relegated:
    18th Wolves
    19th West Brom
    20th Blackpool

FA Cup - Liverpool
    Carling Cup - City
    Champs League - Madrid

You really think Joe Cole & Woy are enough to lift Liverpool into a CL spot and win the FA Cup???!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You really think Joe Cole & Woy are enough to lift Liverpool into a CL spot and win the FA Cup???!
    I think you can chuck a blanket over City, Spurs and Liverpool for the 4th spot, maybe even Everton will be right up there. I expect Everton to have a good season with no European commitments and the disappointment of last years campaign, which was mostly down to a bad start.

Maybe I was being a bit generous with Liveprool winning the FA cup, it'll probably be ujnited or Chelsea, but Liverpool are 1 of a handful of teams capable of winning it

I think this will be the most competitive prem in a long time, at least near the top. I expect united and chelsea to be the top 2, with Arsenal in third, but calling 4th is a big one. People have been underestimating Liverpool's squad for a long time IMO. Yes they're a bit thin on the ground but their starting 11 is still brilliant and if their key players can stay fit and woy can do a good job then they'll be right up there. Maybe spurs being in the champs league will impact on their prem campaign?

If we click into place I think we'd finish 3rd, but I don't expect us to click into place. Not confident going into the spurs game because we've got new players, no settled system and a very dis-jointed pre-season that has left us unprepared, but you never know

Liverpools starting 11 is brilliant????!

Fuck me Alex which team have you been watching ha ha... first comedy post of the new season

Utd havent bought big, (obviously), but bought smart and hopefully have more luck with injuries this season... The Rent Boys have a very strong sqaud and will be in the mix with the Arsewipes and I agree it is a very close thing between those 3 clubs but anyone of them can win it.

City, Looneypool, Spurs, Villa and Everton will all do well and can all hit the top 4 and every team mentioned is in with a shout of the domestic cups.

I dont think an English side will win the CL... prob one of the Spanish big two or Inter

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wallace View Post
    Well benitez is gone and has been replaced by Woy, clueless hughes is back with fulham, Geordies and baggies return to the prem and new boys blackpool join the party, so what's everyones predictions:

Prem:
    1st Chelsea
    2nd rags
    3rd Arsenal
    4th Liverpool
    5th City
    6th Everton
    7th Spurs
    8th Villa
    9th Birmingham
    10th Sunderland

Relegated:
    18th Wolves
    19th West Brom
    20th Blackpool

FA Cup - Liverpool
    Carling Cup - City
    Champs League - Madrid
    IF torres stays fit then yes we have a good team its just benitez didnt play it, we are meant to be completing the signings of christian poulsen and peter crouch within next few days, ( very reliable sources) and maynor figueroa from wigan if insua goes to fiorentina.. benitez killed the confidence of the squad hopefully woy has a instant impact