Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Refs

Default MMA Refs

Whats the standing on MMA Refs ? is there a course , are Boxing refs used , BJJ refs used ? shouldnt this be one of the first points addressed ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Default Referees

Some of the established referees like,

Myself, marc Goddard, leon roberts, mark woodard, grant etc evolved into it as mma was developing in the Uk

Now, there are some events using sanctioning via an established group, ISKA for example, where they supply all the officils on the events, all of whom have been on a course within the group.

There are also many people "having a go" a refereeing especially on smaller shows where there isn't much money available to pay for officials.

There are mma events popping up everywhere now, everyone seems to be puting on a show, referees and officials are going to be in demand.

I myself now supply mma officials to events, i can offer the whole package of referee/s, judges, timekeeper, m.c., commentator . these are all people I know and who have grown up in the mma industry.

I also plan to offer short courses to cover the basics in judging and refereeing to at least give new mma officials a start in the right direction until there is an established and recognised system in place. Of course this is only my own perspective and my opinions I can give them based on my 8 years experience of judging and refereeing in mma

Hopefully one day there will be a recoginsed system in place which everyone casn use and will be happy with
    Professional MMA Referee www.mmaofficials.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hall View Post

I also plan to offer short courses to cover the basics in judging and refereeing to at least give new mma officials a start in the right direction until there is an established and recognised system in place. Of course this is only my own perspective and my opinions I can give them based on my 8 years experience of judging and refereeing in mma

Hopefully one day there will be a recoginsed system in place which everyone casn use and will be happy with
    That would be good, problem with friends, fighters etc doing the refs job is they might not pick up when a fighter is in trouble. Thats the main concern I have with non official officals.

A course would be spot on, I know a few who would hapily attend something like this

boxingbrit

As Neil is offering we do the same through www.mmaconsultancy.co.uk working on shows around the UK as well as abroad. Until there is a regulatory body in the UK its just a case of promoters working with who they can trust and know.

I would like to go on a judging course, to see exactly how they would score fights and to learn more about how hard their job is
    For your MMA Fix, Don't Hit the Pit anymore coz its shut

boxingbrit

Aaron Chatfield has a great judging criteria and well done cards. Better than any i have seen on other shows and it makes for very consistent judging

Quote Originally Posted by ACER View Post
    I would like to go on a judging course, to see exactly how they would score fights and to learn more about how hard their job is
    me to , something like this could bring MMA refing inline with BJJ and Boxing.
    Even if a list of reputable refs is available to all it would be good.

Guys, some info very soon on a full course for ref/judges.

It will be good :-)
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

boxingbrit

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post

Thats sounds good!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post

sweet would be well up for this
    For your MMA Fix, Don't Hit the Pit anymore coz its shut