Thread: Free Standing PunchBag Stands

Default Free Standing PunchBag Stands

hey guys i'm after a bag to use at home but dont have anywhere to put a wall bracket therefore have been looking at the freestanding metal frames to hang bags from or the free standing "slam man" style things. The frames look expensive for what they are and the slam man things ive used in the past have been fairly naff. So am just after some recommendations from any of you guys as to which way to throw my hard earned cash, many thanks

dont buy off the shelf free standing brackets they are shite.

If you can not mount a bag then i would leave it mate.

You can have a free stand made ~ just print off some pictures and take them to any decent metal fabricator and they will be able to knock up a decent frame that will take the impact.

the biggest problem you will have with any free standing frame is weighing it down as you will have to deal with the swing of the bag ~ so a 40kg bag swinging turns into an 80kg bag ~ this is stress you are putting on the bracket so you need to counter weigh it which means at least 20kg to each leg if not more ~ so that means you have the weight of the frame, the bag and at least 80kg in dead weight to keep it from going over.

the problem now you have is the floor it sits on ~ if its solid concrete then no problem but if its wood then all the vibration is going to transfer down the frame and through the floor which will be like a mini earth quake every time you hit the bag so if you live in a semi or terrace house then your neighbours are not going to be happy with you.

my advice ~ get a pair of focus mitts or a decent set of Thai Pads and get a decent partner or find a gym were you can use the bags.
    Last edited by C.K.A.Martial Arts; 11-08-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks for quick reply much appreciated

http://www.indoorxtreme.co.uk/equipm.../prod_154.html

i bought this, from this place for works gym. They were quality shop with great customer service and i cant fault the bag
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

We have just got this on the site

Quote Originally Posted by Fightshop.Com View Post
    We have just got this on the site

that is simply awesome!!!!!!

Dear Santa....

lol

"Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'