Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground Control 'Beat the Heat' Results!!!!

I think Peter Adams may have entered the beginners division as he is only 16 (I think) and as it was one of his first competitions fighting with adults, most of his previous titles were won as a junior and theres a big difference fighting kids and adults.

I had pleasure of competing against peter on Sunday and lost to him on points in the quarters after he pulled guard and managed to sweep me just before the end, I knew who he was when I got there and knew he was sandbagging but weren't too bothered, however his style of grappling and his general attitude did piss me off, I don't think I had ever been so frustrated and was just gutted it was a grappling bout rather than mma, hopefully it will be a case of what goes around comes around

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I had pleasure of competing against peter on Sunday and lost to him on points in the quarters after he pulled guard and managed to sweep me just before the end, I knew who he was when I got there and knew he was sandbagging but weren't too bothered, however his style of grappling and his general attitude did piss me off, I don't think I had ever been so frustrated and was just gutted it was a grappling bout rather than mma, hopefully it will be a case of what goes around comes around
    Why did his style of grappling and attitude piss you off mate? PM me if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I think Peter Adams may have entered the beginners division as he is only 16 (I think) and as it was one of his first competitions fighting with adults, most of his previous titles were won as a junior and theres a big difference fighting kids and adults.
    A blue belt is a blue belt.

Same with Viking Wong from Eddie Kone's. Took Gold in u80kgs beginners when he was a blue belt in Ground Control's October 2009 event. He started training in 2009 but still a blue belt... didnt know til about a week later.

It states quite clear when you sign up that no blues are allowed in beginners.

Teddy Rux from Manchester G&P who took Gold in the Intermediate in the October event was also sandbagging. He's been a judo player for years. I dont even think that's his real name.

Sandbagggggggers.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 16-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I knew who he was when I got there and knew he was sandbagging but weren't too bothered...
    Something needs to be said to Jay Tan on the day. It's not fair on other competitors. If you know, say something. Why pay to get beaten by somebody who shouldnt even be in the same category as you?

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    A blue belt is a blue belt.

Same with Viking Wong from Eddie Kone's. Took Gold in u80kgs beginners when he was a blue belt in Ground Control's October 2009 event. He started training in 2009 but still a blue belt... didnt know til about a week later.

It states quite clear when you sign up that no blues are allowed in beginners.

Sandbagggggggers.
    he wasnt a blue belt when he signed up. He also has told me that he signed up for kids but got told he was too old on the day, so got entered into that adult division.

I was the ref for the u80kg under 1 year cat and i can tell you now that there was alot more sangbaggers in that division aswell. I think its terrible and i dont know why someone would do it. People need to know that as soon as u walk in the gym and train ur first class 365 days later regardless of what level u think you are you are ineligible for that division. And the age thing isnt a good excuse because Wade Jennings is 14 and he competed in the mens inter and came 3rd.

Also i like Peter and his team and i enjoyed reffing him, it was one of my team mates that was in the final with him and Lee has only been training about 3 months so i feel bad for him as there was sangbaggers in the same division last time that.
    This is something we talk about alot and are trying to come up with a way to stop it, and suggestions

Also can someone please let me know how Stuart Cooper Gracie Barra Lagarto is as it was I that accidently injured him during our Semi Final.

the U80k beginners seemed to be the biggest cat that day. If you'd taken all the sandbaggers out, it would have been one of the smallest

Quote Originally Posted by AJones View Post
    This is something we talk about alot and are trying to come up with a way to stop it, and suggestions...
    Short of getting in touch with each club individually and asking the head coaches to verify their competitors... there's not much that can be done. You just have to take people's word for it.

If it comes out that they're sanbagging even after the coach has said they're fine to compete in that division... it outs the integrity of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by AJones View Post
    Also can someone please let me know how Stuart Cooper Gracie Barra Lagarto is as it was I that accidently injured him during our Semi Final.
    Out for 2 months. Foot in plaster. Good fight bro and an accident is an accident. Don't worry about it.

Simon McGovern.
    Sponsored By www.faixarua.net