Thread: Chris Kerr...

Hybrid View

Default Chris Kerr...

...what did you make of Atilla The Hun in your fight? Was he strong, solid striker decent grappler etc.

Chris Kerr

Default Atilla

Hi Neil.
    Just starting to get used to this style of forum...it's a bit like Sherfuck but A LOT better!!

Well Atilla seemed to outweigh me but I did weigh in light. Still on hindsight I might have been better off being present at his weigh in, but no the weight difference (if any) would have meant nothing.

While warming up, a little birdie told me that they happened to see him warming up and that he had pretty solid ground skills (I thought so since he is Hungarian and they are big wrestlers I think) but his stand up was poor. But still you go into the fight with a gameplan and you have to stick to it. I didn't. I wanted to strike with him, but I gassed. Simple as that.

Yeah man he was strong as fuck, but I don't know whether that was a combination of me feeling like shit or his strength itself. After the fight he said I was very strong, so I am assuming he was extra-strong as I feel he outmuscled and outworked me.

If I fought him at full fitness I believe I would win in a rematch, though I have no intention of a rematch. I only believe in rematches if it is a dodgy decision (as with my amateur fight with Iain Brownley which I have a rematch for) or something like that. Basically I was beaten fair and square...no arguments.

Lovely, Yet Evil
    Beligerent Forum Dictator

Hope to see you in here and the weights bit quite often mate
    Blow job is better than no job

Voted "Most Sexiest Poster 2003"
    Voted "Most Evil Poster 2004"
    Voted "Most Absent Poster 2007"
    Voted "Joint Sexiest (Male) Poster 2008"

Chris Kerr

Default Yep

Sure thing Godders, no problemo!
    You gonna think of a name for me? "For The Fans" or something I dunno?

Thanks mate, I remember hearing he was a Karate guy and was more stand up but you saying someone told you he has solid ground skills has helped me a lot.

I can't remember the fight much but wandered if his strikes were powerful or do you think without the cut and gassing he would have found it hard to get a KO?

Cheers

Chris Kerr

Default Good fucking questions!!

Yeah. Actually Leigh Remedios (who cornered me) told me a few minutes before the fight that he saw Atilla warming up. He said he had a strange stance and that he looked to have not great standup. He did say he looked fairly accomplished on the ground. It was a suprise to a point as it kind of threw me, but it have me more confidence with my own standup. It's just a shame I didn't get to use it very much. The gameplan was to strike with him, but I wanted to test my clinch...I felt comfortable if not tired, but in the end it was because of the clinch that I lost.

Mate, his strikes were nothing. He mounted me and didn't hurt me. He got side control and fired elbows down but couldn't hurt me. He hit me with loads of knees standing BECAUSE I LET HIM! I know it sounds stupid, but because they didn't hurt, I let him do it so I could regroup and compose myself. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. He hit me with 1 good knee to the nose which hurt a bit, but the rest of the time, I could feel shots, but didn't feel pain. It's like getting anaesthetic and not feeling pain, but you can tell the doc is ripping you open you know what I mean?

And as for your final point, NO WAY would he have KOed me. It would have been the luickiest shot ever if he did...I just wouldn't have got knocked out by him. I have been KOed once at training when I broke my nose ages ago, but apart from that, there's no way he could have tagged me. He didn't like being hit, and couldn't hit hard himself, so I wasn't worried. I just never really thought about getting cut