Thread: where am i going wrong? advise needed

Default where am i going wrong? advise needed

hi plp...need some feed back please.

dueing the day i split my meals into 3 small portions like salad tuna chicken etc,i drink plenty of water to keep by self hydrated but soon as it comes to training at night i lose alot of energy my alertness isnt there...ive tryed no end of energy boosters,dont get me wrong i have nights where im well up for training and like i said some nights i loose energy....is my diet wrong or where am i going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
    hi plp...need some feed back please.

dueing the day i split my meals into 3 small portions like salad tuna chicken etc,i drink plenty of water to keep by self hydrated but soon as it comes to training at night i lose alot of energy my alertness isnt there...ive tryed no end of energy boosters,dont get me wrong i have nights where im well up for training and like i said some nights i loose energy....is my diet wrong or where am i going wrong?
    Carbs bro. I eat 100g of wholemeal pasta with a tin of tomatos, and some chicken/mushrooms etc. And a bit of chilli powder to taste. Bran flakes and protein shake for breakfast, apple and bannana mid morning. Tuna salad for dinner, with a low fat yoghurt/cottage cheese. peach and another peice of fruit mid afternoon, tea when i get home from work is 100g of wholemeal pasta, with a sauce of some sort, all mixed in. Beautiful. This is eaten around 2 hours before training.

Carbs give you the energy to train when you time them right, if you haven't got any you will feel very fatigued. Works for me bro, I don't know the exact science, nor am i a qualified nutritionist, so no doubt LouieJ or smiler will be along to smite me down with the stick of knowledge.

Hope this helps though mate.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

ok buddy ill up my pasta in take..and ill copy ure diet see how i go....again cheers matey.

Definitely sounds like a lack of carbs, timing of meals might also be a factor - I need to eat at most 2 hours before training or I can feel faint although some people get away with longer

Quote Originally Posted by tripoli View Post
    ok buddy ill up my pasta in take..and ill copy ure diet see how i go....again cheers matey.
    No worries mate, Im not talking loads of carbs, because i only eat them, in reasonably small portions, Only on training days. Other than that i avoid them as Im cutting. But you will need energy to train, and looking at your diet, its lacking energy foods. Sugary boosting drinks will boost you up, but by the time you get to the gym, or get through the warm up, you will crash (worse than before you drank the boosting drink)

Yeah give it a go buddy, look for some recipes for sauces, mix it up a bit so you don't get bored, but you can guarantee whats in it, if you make it yourself. pre-made sauces can be full of crap. Its a pretty cheap diet to follow, 2 packs of chicken on monday, plenty of fruit and veg, cottage cheese, yoghurt, bran flakes and skimmed milk.

See, i wrote your shopping list for you and everything.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

haha nice one ross....ill get the misses to do shopping tomoz...cheers fella