Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedro Bessa Swansea

saying that you think belts are given out will nilly at pedro bessa , is imo disrespectful to all of us who train there. brian like to downplay the fact that he got a bluebelt from pedro saying he didnt think he deserved it but that was abig accomplishment for him.

everyone who i have seen graded under pedro has been worthy of the belt. just check the guys out in competition. for a relativley small club in terms of some of the bigger clubs in the UK. we at pedro bessa do very well in competition. showing that belts are earned and well deserved.
    MMA (9-2 8 subs) Sponsored Athlete under Tatami Fight Wear, G&S welterweight champion

Taff, I dont think airing hearsay under an anomynous username is the best way to find a club to train at. I was reffing at the Welsh Open this year and know that Esputalho is worthy of his belt.

ps If its medals your after GB Swansea have won 100 this year

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    No satisfactory answers there, just ultra defensive reactions (all replies from Pedro Bessa guys I assume)! As far as I know, this Brian guy happily and readily admits himself, as he did on numerous occasions to my training partner and others on that day, and still does on various forums now, that he should not be a blue belt. Like I said in my original thread, search Pedro Bessa Swansea and Google returns a 'mess' of websites, social network apps and a useless Facebook page all started by this Brian guy. My mate tells me he used to gush like this over Chris Rees and GB Swansea 'till he 'left'!

I won't be 'popping' down for a lesson in Cardiff 'cause my original question was about Pedro Swansea - Cardiff is too far. I do train there occasionally with the Welsh Judo squad.

No answers on the Pedro Swansea class either, I think if I do train it will be at GB Swansea but I'll just stick to the Judo for now anyway.

My tone was not meant to be condescending - just factual based on what I've been told by more than one person. I can't afford to train in BJJ with a club that awards belts willy nilly. I find it insulting to the people who genuinely deserve those belts.

WTF has Terere got to do with any of this? As if I'm going to turn up and randomly question him - there's plenty of written evidence from this Brian guy himself about his level of BJJ and whether or not he should be a blue. He clearly thinks not.

Thanks for the replies.

End of thread, me thinks.

Taff
    Taff, you may want to ask the guys at Judo training next time your there what thier thoughts are on trainign with Pedro and the validity of the belts the Judo team hold in BJJ, as I'm sure you know quite a few are blue belts and purple under Pedro (this is not meant at all in a defensive way. You train and know the Judo guys, they will tell you first hand). My be worth asking them thier CW user names too

No satisfactory answers there, just ultra defensive reactions (all replies from Pedro Bessa guys I assume)! As far as I know, this Brian guy happily and readily admits himself, as he did on numerous occasions to my training partner and others on that day, and still does on various forums now, that he should not be a blue belt. Like I said in my original thread, search Pedro Bessa Swansea and Google returns a 'mess' of websites, social network apps and a useless Facebook page all started by this Brian guy. My mate tells me he used to gush like this over Chris Rees and GB Swansea 'till he 'left'!

I won't be 'popping' down for a lesson in Cardiff 'cause my original question was about Pedro Swansea - Cardiff is too far. I do train there occasionally with the Welsh Judo squad.

No answers on the Pedro Swansea class either, I think if I do train it will be at GB Swansea but I'll just stick to the Judo for now anyway.

My tone was not meant to be condescending - just factual based on what I've been told by more than one person. I can't afford to train in BJJ with a club that awards belts willy nilly. I find it insulting to the people who genuinely deserve those belts.

WTF has Terere got to do with any of this? As if I'm going to turn up and randomly question him - there's plenty of written evidence from this Brian guy himself about his level of BJJ and whether or not he should be a blue. He clearly thinks not.

Thanks for the replies.

End of thread, me thinks.

Taff

Next time your in Cardiff training judo; come and question my purple belt credentials awarded by Pedro.

All the best Craig Ewers (Welsh Judo Coach)

End of thread me thinks...

this Brian guy happily and readily admits himself, as he did on numerous occasions to my training partner and others on that day, and still does on various forums now, that he should not be a blue belt.
    Are you some sort of wierd stalker. Who cares? Blue belt is the first belt. You don't have to be an awesome warrior to earn and deserve one.

I can't afford to train in BJJ with a club that awards belts willy nilly. I find it insulting to the people who genuinely deserve those belts.
    Sour grapes maybe? Were you turned down on a promotion?

If you do train judo with the welsh squad in the near future all I can say is good luck with that taff, i got a funny feeling your not going to be treated with the best of care there,

Give pedro bessa Swansea a try, failing that gb Swansea is a good option
    Sponsored by : Tatami fight wear http://www.tatamifightwear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jcraig80 View Post
    Next time your in Cardiff training judo; come and question my purple belt credentials awarded by Pedro.

All the best Craig Ewers (Welsh Judo Coach)

End of thread me thinks...
    Haha class fairplay !
    www.celticpridemartialarts.co.uk Semi Pro = 2-1 pro 1-0 2xWelsh muay thai champion

Quote Originally Posted by Creely View Post
    gb Swansea is a good option
    The best option!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    The best option!
    For Taff your probably right

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    The best option!
    yep for people like taff it sure is
    Sponsored by : Tatami fight wear http://www.tatamifightwear.com/