Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: good and bad tattoo's in mma

While we are on the subject....Our spiritual leader has just got this done for Saturday. Insane

If anyone knows how to load up for all non-facebookers then please do
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    While we are on the subject....Our spiritual leader has just got this done for Saturday. Insane

If anyone knows how to load up for all non-facebookers then please do
    in a word..... mental! lol

The thing I love about this tattoo is the 2 bananas either side
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

Aleks:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    Genki Sudo

^^^ The winner is right there ^^^
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    Aleks:

thats some scary shit right there!

dont some of his tattoos have summat to do with being in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Caine explanation on his tattoo. "I got this tattoo for two reasons. One, for everything my parents did to come over to this country, all the hardships they had crossing the border. ‘Brown pride’ when we were growing up meant ‘Mexican pride.’ That’s how we would say it. It’s something to say if we’re proud about where we came from. What my Dad did, my Mom did to get over to this country to me means a lot. I’m proud of where I came from. I’m proud of what Mexican people stand for. We’re known as hard working people. We’re known as fighters. We’re known to have a lot of heart. We’re known to never give up in the gym and have a lot of cardio. To always work hard. The work ethic that my Dad, all the Mexican people bring out in the fields and stuff, we bring to the gym and whatever else we do. Another reason why I got is because when I was growing up I didn’t have anybody to look up to. There’s nobody that was my size that was Mexican that looked like me that I could see in the media. I pretty much didn’t have those dreams of ‘Hey, I can do that stuff. I can be in the media, I can play professional sports.’ I didn’t have that. I didn’t have anybody to look up to so now that I’m in that position, I put ‘Brown Pride’ on my chest to let people know ‘Hey, I’m Mexican. I’m proud to be Mexican. I’m doing good things.’ For those people that just don’t know the story behind it, that’s all I can say. The only thing I can do is clear it up by doing interviews like this."
    I've never understood that.

Why do I wear a White Pride tattoo? Well, my parents lived in the UK and realised it was a cesspit with no jobs. I mean, it was disgusting. It was full of drugs and gang wars, people were getting killed left and right, the whole government was completely corrupt - just a totally failed state. Horrible. So my parents repeatedly risked their lives to illegally enter the US just to get away from the living hell on Earth that was the UK. They got caught repeatedly trying to enter and sent back, but found the UK SO pathetic and abhorrent a place, they were willing to risk their lives again and again just so they didn't have to live in that ****hole. Luckily for me, one day God was smiling on us and they eventually they managed to get through and I was born here. But I'm so proud of being from the UK, I got a White Pride tattoo.

Makes perfect sense to me. :/

Re tattoos, I really like Hardys, Lebens samurai and Soszinskis(sp?). I think the worst I've seen has to be Christian Morecrafts.

Quote Originally Posted by spud1 View Post
    thats some scary shit right there!

dont some of his tattoos have summat to do with being in jail?
    Tattoos

* Right arm: Cathedral with five domes: symbolizes five years of imprisonment.
    * Shoulders: Stars: Symbolize a "career criminal" or Vor v Zakone in Russian (English translation: thief in law).
    o Shoulders: More recently he has covered up the Stars with Clouds.
    o Aleksander has recently added a tattoo of Muhammad Ali to his shoulder.
    * Left shoulder: cobweb: Emelianenko did not explain its meaning other than saying that contrary to what has been suggested by some, it does not have anything to do with the Mafiya. In Russian prisons, tattoos using this symbol typically denote drug addiction or robbery.
    * Chest: The Battle of Kulikovo.
    * Right shoulder: Russian script. Translated: "Give me back the ticket to youth...".
    * Left shoulder: Russian script. Translated: "... I have fully paid the price for the journey".
    * Left forearm: Half cat’s head, half skull: “Homo homini lupus est.” Translated: Man is a wolf to his fellow-man.
    * Back: Grim Reaper holding a baby.
    * Back: "Gott Mit Uns", meaning “God with us” in German: for Emelianenko, it's a symbol of revival. This tattoo caused a controversy, since this slogan was written on belt buckles of German soldiers in the Third Reich. For many Russian prisoners the phrase means you are totally opposed to the soviet penal system.[citation needed] This phrase was very popular among prisoners during the 60's and 70's.[citation needed]
    * Knees: Stars: symbolize that the owner will never be brought to his knees. These tattoos also stirred up controversy, after a picture published on his website revealed a swastika in the middle.[11]
    * Pirate tattoo: stands for article 167 of Russian Criminal Code: “armed robbery”.
    * “Fortis fortuna adiuvat” Translated: Fortune favors the bold.
    * A name on his lower abs ('Marina'). Later covered by a tribal tattoo.
    * A spider web on scalp.
    * Right foot: Russian script. Translated: "Go for the truth...".
    * Left foot: Russian script. Translated: "...and shall be rubbed out to butt".

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MMA View Post
    Tattoos

* Right arm: Cathedral with five domes: symbolizes five years of imprisonment.
    * Shoulders: Stars: Symbolize a "career criminal" or Vor v Zakone in Russian (English translation: thief in law).
    o Shoulders: More recently he has covered up the Stars with Clouds.
    o Aleksander has recently added a tattoo of Muhammad Ali to his shoulder.
    * Left shoulder: cobweb: Emelianenko did not explain its meaning other than saying that contrary to what has been suggested by some, it does not have anything to do with the Mafiya. In Russian prisons, tattoos using this symbol typically denote drug addiction or robbery.
    * Chest: The Battle of Kulikovo.
    * Right shoulder: Russian script. Translated: "Give me back the ticket to youth...".
    * Left shoulder: Russian script. Translated: "... I have fully paid the price for the journey".
    * Left forearm: Half cat’s head, half skull: “Homo homini lupus est.” Translated: Man is a wolf to his fellow-man.
    * Back: Grim Reaper holding a baby.
    * Back: "Gott Mit Uns", meaning “God with us” in German: for Emelianenko, it's a symbol of revival. This tattoo caused a controversy, since this slogan was written on belt buckles of German soldiers in the Third Reich. For many Russian prisoners the phrase means you are totally opposed to the soviet penal system.[citation needed] This phrase was very popular among prisoners during the 60's and 70's.[citation needed]
    * Knees: Stars: symbolize that the owner will never be brought to his knees. These tattoos also stirred up controversy, after a picture published on his website revealed a swastika in the middle.[11]
    * Pirate tattoo: stands for article 167 of Russian Criminal Code: “armed robbery”.
    * “Fortis fortuna adiuvat” Translated: Fortune favors the bold.
    * A name on his lower abs ('Marina'). Later covered by a tribal tattoo.
    * A spider web on scalp.
    * Right foot: Russian script. Translated: "Go for the truth...".
    * Left foot: Russian script. Translated: "...and shall be rubbed out to butt".
    wow! cheers 4 that mate, i read somewhere about his tattoos but it didnt go into that much detail.cheers 4 takin the time mate

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MMA View Post
    I've never understood that.

Why do I wear a White Pride tattoo? Well, my parents lived in the UK and realised it was a cesspit with no jobs. I mean, it was disgusting. It was full of drugs and gang wars, people were getting killed left and right, the whole government was completely corrupt - just a totally failed state. Horrible. So my parents repeatedly risked their lives to illegally enter the US just to get away from the living hell on Earth that was the UK. They got caught repeatedly trying to enter and sent back, but found the UK SO pathetic and abhorrent a place, they were willing to risk their lives again and again just so they didn't have to live in that ****hole. Luckily for me, one day God was smiling on us and they eventually they managed to get through and I was born here. But I'm so proud of being from the UK, I got a White Pride tattoo.

Makes perfect sense to me. :/

Re tattoos, I really like Hardys, Lebens samurai and Soszinskis(sp?). I think the worst I've seen has to be Christian Morecrafts.

I dont get why people can not see the obvious. The difference between the term "Black/Brown Pride" and "White Pride" is down to historical context. White Pride historically is associated with opression and White race hate groups, "Black Pride" is generally associated with the Black Panther movement and is associated with solidarity and standing up against opression. Its really not rocket science as to why one is more offensive than the other. This does not mean people dont use the terms for entirely differwent reasons but lets not be naive fucking kids here and lets realise the context of the world we live in not the doorstep we see everday