Thread: Training in Holland

Default Training in Holland

Hi, has anyone been to Holland training?

I'm going to go over in December I think.

Just wondering which gym(s) are the better ones and if they speak english in all of them?

I emailed the fighting factory Carbin and they have got back to me saying they now have their own accodomation and train twice daily which would be good for a training holiday, but their website is all in dutch and the email reply was broken english so not sure how i would get on in their classes

Thanks
    http://WhatMMAGear.com

Its like the camps in thailand, im out there now and the coaches speak very bad english tbh some times can hardly understand them, the dutch are normally pretty friendly and wont mind using hand signals etc to help get across what your saying, hope this helps!

Vos gym and Mejiro Gym in Amsterdam are meant to be world class! Look them up on youtube. Got some top K1 fighters training out of there

Ramon Dekkers also has his own fight team! Look up team dekkers!

Quote Originally Posted by manimal View Post
    Hi, has anyone been to Holland training?

I'm going to go over in December I think.

Just wondering which gym(s) are the better ones and if they speak english in all of them?

I emailed the fighting factory Carbin and they have got back to me saying they now have their own accodomation and train twice daily which would be good for a training holiday, but their website is all in dutch and the email reply was broken english so not sure how i would get on in their classes

Thanks
    Did you go/still going? I'm going training somewhere in 2011 for six weeks or so, hadn't thought of Holland but sounds like a solid option
    Fitch's fan

Meijiro is good, one of ours was over there for sparring
    different methods to thai if you are used to that
    but worthwhile for a change
    no language problems encountered - as lots of repition in the techniques..
    plus sparring is pretty universal - they spar hard though so be prepared..

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi!

You'll be just fine at Lucien's - say hi from me!

Language will not be a problem at all, although the gym will appear scary the first time!! (They're actually a bunch of softies, with a wicked sense of humour!)Lots of shouting, noise, and lots of really hard work going on...they all speak English, Dutch and Suranamese and are well used to foreign fighters coming...and English is the common language.

Same with Vos, Mejeiro, Kops, Mike's Gym, Chakuriki - you'll be well looked after at all of them...

Enjoy it!!

Best regards,

Smiler
    My Blog: http://garysmilerturner.blogspot.com/

If you guys had to pick one gym in holland that would be the most worth while to go to, that has produced the best fighters which one would it be? As I'm also looking to go for 6 weeks next summer.

Kind regards

thinking of going to amsterdam for a month to train in the summer, my level of muay thai is virtually non existant, how would the gyms treat a foreign newb? and plase, more recommendations!