Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice re mats

Default Advice re mats

Does anyone know where I can buy the softer 40mm jigsaw mats from for a good price? The ones I have at the moment are quite hard and I prefer the ones that you sink into a bit. Thanks, Andy.

The ones they had at the British No Gi where real good. I was impressed by those. Contact them , they should be able to give you the manufacturer.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    The ones they had at the British No Gi where real good. I was impressed by those. Contact them , they should be able to give you the manufacturer.
    i've broken my toe twice on those mats lol. they are cursed!
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Jigsaw mats are a waste of money; if the mats are down permanently then they aren't too bad, but if they have to be put down and moved after every class, they get ripped up and ragged about, damaging the links on the mats.

I also popped my big toe out in Thailand in a no gi comp with jigsaw mats and used to work for a company that made mats and know which mats are the best for training.

You're better off investing money in proper 1x1 or 2x1 mats without jigsaw fittings.

F

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post

You're better off investing money in proper 1x1 or 2x1 mats without jigsaw fittings.

F
    Where can I find mats like this? Cheers

I have tatami mats , 2 x 1's in my gym but they are about 120 a mat and not that soft

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by BenWilliamson View Post
    Where can I find mats like this? Cheers
    www.ultimat.co.uk that's where I used to work mate

F

@fishface

how much would I be looking at for 3m X 3m of mats from them?

I'm looking to put a bit of matting in my garage for rolling outside of gym times, so it doesnt need to be anything fancy, just basic low budget mats
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Romeo

best thing is to contact Ultimat direct on 01204 576111 and tell them you spoke to me For small sizes like yaself, there are many types of mats to choose, so best speak to Alan or Darren.

Good luck

F