Thread: BJJ once a week

Default BJJ once a week

Would you say training bjj once a week is enough and beneficial for someone training for mma, if also training boxing, weight and conditioning kickboxing aswell each week?

If that single BJJ class each week is the only groundfighting you're doing then no it's not enough.

if you were doing ground sparing another day, ie grappling sparing, g and p etc?

If your already good at bjj u might be able to get by with 1 class a week but if your not then it's no where near enough.

Not a chance bud! you need to build a base in one art then cross and tbf after boxing 6 months you can be half decent BJJ takes years BUT look at how effective it is!
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    Would you say training bjj once a week is enough and beneficial for someone training for mma, if also training boxing, weight and conditioning kickboxing aswell each week?
    It depends what your goal is I guess.
    If you hope to compete MMA then once a week is better than nothing, but your opponent will be doing five a week minimum, plus all the other stuff too.
    Just a thought.

If it's a fun addition to your repertoire, then of course once a week, why not? I sometimes can only make it once a week to training. I try to make up the following week with four sessions but my goal is simply to grow and learn and get better over a long time frame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

could be more but if its all you can do then its a plus :-)

more the better though!