Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest rated Thai instructor in Scotland?

Default Highest rated Thai instructor in Scotland?

Just looking for some opinions and views here, i'm fairly new to Muay Thai and have done alot of reading and research into clubs etc and was wondering people's opinions of who the top rated Thai instructors in Scotland are?

loads of good gyms/coaches in scotland. SMTC, Caledonian, Phoenix etc and loads more
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

Guy Ramsay should certainly be up there, just look at the fighters that Caley Muay Thai/ Griphouse has produced over the years and continues to produce, you've also got guys like Tommy Young, Lin Min-Din, Sean Wright regularly coaching there and none of them are any slouches either.
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

Also James Doolan down in Lanark is an excellent instructor
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

all above mentioned are good, plus Rung too..... pick any of above and go try them out.

Theres a few mate. All mentioned above are good shouts.

If your looking for someone thats near your area check out Base Muay Thai...pretty sure there based in Grangemouth.

Cheers for the info guys, i'm good mates with Barry Denholm and currently train under him at Fighters Hive in Bathgate, however new job is going to mean travelling around Scotland quite a bit so it's just to get a bit knowledge of Instructors to look out for

The only other guys in Scotland I've had any experience with is Bobby from Base Muay Thai, he puts on a lot of shows and has been involved in Muay Thai for over 25 years. Very knowledgable about the whole game, rules etc. Plus a great guy and pretty near you! They are based in Denny.

You will get more response over at the ax kickboxing messageboard I would think tho as thats where most scottish coaches and promoters post.
    The best moment of my life was being punched in the face by Liam Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    If your looking for someone thats near your area check out Base Muay Thai...pretty sure there based in Grangemouth.
    Pretty sure they're in Longcroft which is 10mins past the nauld.

AMAG in Aberdeen has always had good muay thai instructors