Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How high, or low, do you wear your BJJ belt?

Default How high, or low, do you wear your BJJ belt?

Ha, I wrote a non-serious piece on my blog about how dorky I look because I wear my belt quite high and all the cool black belts seemed to wear theirs quite low.

It inspired me to notch up a little belt height coolness chart - just for fun (sorry if it's a bit big):

So how do you wear your belt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

i knew my lazyness would make me cool lol
    thats spot on

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

belts are only there to hold your trousers up.

They don't actually hold your trousers up on a GI.

If only I had a physique that meant I could low sling the belt

(...of course it's not so much about looking cool as being able to whip your gi out quickly to wrap someone up with, therefore: fat hips = even more hinderance!)
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dudes View Post
    They don't actually hold your trousers up on a GI.
    Honestly?

10 char

Mauricio "white Bear" Gomes told me 11 years ago the BJJ belt should be hung round the hips... who am I to argue!!
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by Inchbyinch View Post
    (...of course it's not so much about looking cool as being able to whip your gi out quickly to wrap someone up with, therefore: fat hips = even more hinderance!)
    Aha, the first clue as the why low slung belts rule...for quick and easy access to gi lapel skirts...and if Mauricio says it's cool, then it's cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

low slung FTW although i love seeing people at comps wear there belts too high always makes me laugh
    MMA (9-2 8 subs) Sponsored Athlete under Tatami Fight Wear, G&S welterweight champion

Low slung for me too...