Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a set routine for gi care?

Wash pleeeeeease!
    Mind you past few months I've worn a gi once and then another comes in the post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

I wash my gi after every second training session however I air it out as soon as i get home.

Every time definitely, otherwise even on the second session it stinks of ammonia.

This means if you do more than 4 times a week you need 3 gis at least :/

It in the wash as soon as I get in through the door (with napisan), and is out as soon as it has finished, I also fabreeze my belt and hang it next to an open window.
    Carlson Gracie BJJ Revolution Team Ashford
    http://xslookbest.blogspot.com

Wash every time and cannot see why I would not as it is soaking wet from sweat.

If you totally drenched a t-shirt in sweat would you wear it the next day or week - no course you would not.

As for care I put a cup of vinegar in there occasionally to remove all the yellow gunk off the collar and I spot clean the blood stains with some oxiclean stuff.

Only ever cold wash it and if a stain is particualy stubborn then I will nuke just that area with bleach for about 60 seconds but no more then that as it can f**k up the cotton.

De ja vu, this has been discussed just a few weeks ago..

http://cagewarriors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50775

I boil my gi after every lesson with some extra Vanish Crystal White and a dose of fabric conditioner and then throw it in the drier, so it's ready next day if needed. Also means it's nice and soft to wear.

My newest gi is around three years old and gets washed at least once a week, so they obviously don't mind that kind of treatment.

I put my gi in a pressure cooker after every training and once a week I run it through my hadron collider. Not doing this is totally disgusting and makes you a shit training partner and a total fruitcake.

Bikergirl, if you boil your gi doesn't it shrink?

I always wash my gi two or three lessons after it starts to smell of ammonia.