Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Design a gi contest winners

Default Design a gi contest winners

My design a gi contest is finally over. Here are the winners:

ULTIMATE WINNER: Evan Mannweiler with 'Pin up '
    Evan will get his gi custom made by Tatami Fightwear.

CRAZY WINNER: Aaron Shiels with 'Scorpion'
    Aaron wins an Estilo Premier gi

FUNNY WINNER: Francisco Arias with 'I'm Lovin' Jitz'
    Francisco wins a Zero G gi

Huge thank you to everyone who voted and everyone who took part, this has been spectacular!
    Big thanks especially to Liam Wandi who writes the Part Time Grappler blog for being my project partner, to Tatami Fightwear for their sponsorship and unstinting support of the contest and to all my blogger friends who supported and lent a hand.

Listen out for The Fightworks Podcast this Sunday where I will be interviewed about the contest!
    (well, fingers crossed, as long as my Tourettes doesn't suddenly just randomly kick in)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

I would never wear any of them as I'm rather conservative in my tastes, but they're all fantastic looking gi's.

the winning gi is as dull as ditchwater.

thought there was many better entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    the winning gi is as dull as ditchwater.

thought there was many better entries
    I'll second that.
    The Griphouse

you sound like a graphic designer

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

I think it's perfectly fair to express your view on the dullness or coolness of a gi design, but did you vote for your favourite (if you had any) instead?

Never mind, that's why I devised three winning categories because the custom gi winner was only ever going to be a gi that could in all feasibility be crafted using established gi design methods - and I guess that means a gi that was not necessarily the most crazy. So we had a 'Crazy' category winner and a 'funny' category winner to take into account the more elaborate and imaginative entries.I very much doubt any company in their right mind would make the Scorpion gi for example, but I wanted to make sure that those types of crazier design entries were rewarded for their efforts.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, more gi-based contests are coming up next year, feel free to make your views known at that time too. It's all feedback to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    LOL thats what i was thinking

TEAM DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    I'm not
    The Griphouse

I think the winning Gi is pretty cool although like The Last Starfighter, I wouldn't wear any them personally. You have to have some serious game to wear a custom gi I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    and I guess that means a gi that was not necessarily the most crazy. So we had a 'Crazy' category winner and a 'funny' category winner to take into account the more elaborate and imaginative entries.I very much doubt any company in their right mind would make the Scorpion gi for example, but I wanted to make sure that those types of crazier design entries were rewarded for their efforts
    forgive me for being dumb, but why call it a crazy ass gi comp then?