Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: training in thai land ? france ?

Default training in thai land ? france ?

aright lads looks like i am off to thai land or france next year to work on my thai boxing any one know any nice places to train that would come with some type of training / holiday any help on this thank in advance

go to thailand, france doesnt even deserve to be in the same sentence!

i recommend dragon muay thai in phuket

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    go to thailand, france doesnt even deserve to be in the same sentence!

i recommend dragon muay thai in phuket
    whys that i heard france is a good place for muay thai i could be wrong tho ? .. what is the dragon gym like fella

i wrote a review here http://martialartstalk.co.uk/2010/03...uket-thailand/

awesome training, awesome weather, awesome people

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    i wrote a review here http://martialartstalk.co.uk/2010/03...uket-thailand/

awesome training, awesome weather, awesome people
    thank you for all the help on this one il give it a read

all the best james

I am travelling to Tiger Muay thai next year

a few lads I know have been here before, and have told me good things about their times @ TMT
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Whereabouts in the UK do you do Thai??

If you seriously want to do Thai in Thailand go to a camp in Bangkok!
    OOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

If you want a training 'holiday' where you can relax but also spend time training in the gym - Phuket, Thailand is your best bet. Dragon, Rawai, Tiger Muay Thai etc are all decent but at the same time you can train hard and look for fights but generally it's aimed at western tourists.

I've been to TMT twice for 5 weeks at a time. Ray Elbe the MMA coach (although an acquired taste) is a decent coach and the Muay Thai is great so you'll get what you want from there. They are also the most 'western' Thai gym you'll see in Thailand from Strength & Conditioning, to diet plans, to bootcamp fitness, yoga and more.

If you want to go hard and REALLY train, head towards North Thailand or even stay in Europe/UK. We have so many solid gyms over here that are neglected. If I wanted to train hard for a fight or get in fight shape, I'd definitely choose a UK gym such as Wolsflair, London Shoot, Kaobon, Titan, Dinky Ninjas etc over somewhere like TMT where there are definitely more distractions.

My 2 pence.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 26-10-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

train at couple of places in london for my thai my team want me to go in to thai fighting and boxing so no more mma for a while have to get the training in , of to thia land in september just sorting all the details out

Quote Originally Posted by futuregreat View Post
    train at couple of places in london for my thai my team want me to go in to thai fighting and boxing so no more mma for a while have to get the training in , of to thia land in september just sorting all the details out
    Dending on your level of striking, I cant see how you would benefit from training with a Raja/Lumpinee champion as opposed to some of the fantastic coaches here in the UK such as Pele, Ronnie Green, Master A, Barry Norman and the Caledonian/Griphouse Muay Thai guys... all are located up north and you'd spend a hell of alot less money.

But I suppose if you want to be somewhere hot and train... Thailand is the place to be
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.