Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRESTLE FOR IT! - Olympic Wrestling Training Camp for MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Personally, I would stay away from anything Herculean promotes. Especially if it's in conjunction (which it will be) with Yusuf.

I found him rude, unapproachable and from experience, didnt adapt the wrestling for MMA. It was very much pro-wrestling/anti-MMA. And many people who post on here from the Manchester area who attended his sessions at the beginning of the year at Trinity will agree and attest to that.

If you can get world class coaches down, that's great for the sport. I would much rather spend my money on a private session with Ali Arish who has a proven record of taking down solid MMA guys.

I understand that wrestling is the downfall of most British fighters and would agree that Yusuf is a very solid wrestler but as a coach - he downright fails.

On a seperate note: Matt Inman and David Garvey will be running a Wrestling FOR MMA session at Evolve, Salford, Manchester every Friday evening and a class will be established on the weekend soon.
    oh thanks mate, but iam not the one who is coaching, in fact i wont even be near the mat! or training myself on the day, I am only helping to promote this camp, we have 2 wrestlers who both have experience at international elite level and also experience coaching fighters.

we are just doing this camp because it is a good opportunity for the wrestlers involved and also the fighters who attend.

And this is a one off camp, but hopefully we would like to do otherstuff to help wrestling and also wrestling for mma in Britain. This project is not about one individual or promoting one wrestling club, it is a one off camp with an opportunity for the fighters to meet these wrestlers and experience an elite level training session. We will in fact be providing as much info as we can to the fighters when they leave for local wrestling clubs around the country.
    Last edited by Herculean; 27-10-2010 at 02:34 PM.

I have sent my stuff of an not heard anythink for well over a week nio replies to emails?? could you please PM me

Quote Originally Posted by doggett1 View Post
    I have sent my stuff of an not heard anythink for well over a week nio replies to emails?? could you please PM me
    hi, i think our emails to you kept getting sent back for some reason! But i got your email thanks, so will be sending you and others who have booked their place a confirmation letter and more info. The times for training will be 2pm - 7pm on the Friday and the 10am - 3pm on the Saturday, but the camp may go on for a little longer on the Saturday. If anyone else needs any more info or help just send me a message or email, thanks.
    be kind, for another man is fighting a harder battle in life

Rōnin

Thanks guys the weekend was absolutely amazing!

Got to say i really enjoyed this camp. Im battered and broken but felt i learned an awful lot. Cheers guys.
    Rich

After reading the reviews about what people said about the camp and yousef i was a bit unsure of what to expect I thought the wrestling camp was excellent and will deffo be back!! Pre camp organisation was good with directions and regular updates couldnt ask for more. the camp its self was good showing good takedowns and other techniques. I just up the post camp is as good a pre with photos being updated and list of techniques been made avilable for veiwing, as the camp was intense it is impossible for me to remember all techniques with the list you can look up the techniques to remind urself on a whole great camp good coaches an yosef is a great guy who did a great job over seeing the camp. Cheers guys!!

[QUOTE=Herculean;685291]Wrestle for it! is a new campaign supporting the British wrestling community, to help promote and develop sport of wrestling in Britain.

as it says don't see this as MMA unless somebody has taught the 'wrestlers' or they ARE MMA guys as we all know MMA & Wrestling differ simply because of the rules, defo good if it is taught around MMA but cannot see wrestling helping to get people into MMA

Rōnin

[QUOTE=Spetznaz;713671]
    Quote Originally Posted by Herculean View Post
    Wrestle for it! is a new campaign supporting the British wrestling community, to help promote and develop sport of wrestling in Britain.

as it says don't see this as MMA unless somebody has taught the 'wrestlers' or they ARE MMA guys as we all know MMA & Wrestling differ simply because of the rules, defo good if it is taught around MMA but cannot see wrestling helping to get people into MMA
    What are you on about?

I wonder if Randy Couture, GSP etc etc would agree that learning wrestling from WRESTLERS isn't very useful for MMA? If you are going to learn wrestling, which you should if you want to do well in MMA, then learn it from the best wrestler you can train with. Take the techniques on board and figure out which ones work for you. The coaching and organisation of last weekends camp was fantastic. As for any negative comments about Yousef, I found him to be very helpful and extremely passionate about wrestling in the UK and helping wrestling in MMA.
    ADX, Bad Boy, Demon, Evolution, Hayabusa, Sandee, Tapout, and Venum available at: http://www.fightkit.com

MMA Training and Fight Conditioning in Huddersfield: http://www.farrellmma.co.uk